“Very nice”

Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Midlothian, Virginia
“Very nice”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I always use the Holiday Inn chain when I travel. check in is always easy and quick as well as check out. I never have any problems. the complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. my only complaint is housekeeping, they were eager to clean the room on Sunday before we even checked out. Definitely should be more communication with the housekeeping staff and the front desk so they know who checked out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim M
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Your opinion is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I have already had a meeting with our HK team and Front desk, and discussed about the issue. Thank you again for bringing your concern to us. We hope to see you again soon!

Maksumul Hai
Hotel Manager & Head of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were in heavy traffic, expecting to get onto I95 with a 3 mile line on Warrenton Rd. We did a quick search on the GPS and decided Holiday Inn is usually a safe bet so we might as well call this a day and settle in. We asked the GPS for a detour and went right to the Holiday Inn out and around the traffic to the nicest, cleanest place we could have found! The room was immaculate, the facility great and the breakfast was the best ever of any place we have stayed in. We would stay there again if in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean, good location - as this was a pit stop on long road trip. Has station, restaurants all in area. Clean pool and facilities. Would stay again. Great price. The complimentary Breakfast was good too!

• Stayed July 2014
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the room was inviting. The bedding was quite comfortable. The rooms were nicely appointed and included every needed amenity. We were given two rooms directly next to each other. The breakfast was delightful, with a server continually refreshing each course; my family loved the fresh warm cinnamon rolls and the coffee was great! Maksumul, the manager, kindly assisted us with our needs. Our thanks to him!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
South Hill
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 4th time I've stayed here and I've never been disappointed. The staff is incredible--they go out of their way to make your stay a pleasurable one. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has something for everyone. If you are looking for a comfortable, convenient place to stay in Frsdericksburg, this is the place for you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were able to get a room without a reservation. The rates were decent and the rooms clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly with good amenities nearby. The free breakfast was a plus and had a variety of options. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are clean. Well equipped with outlets for computer charging. Flat screen TV with sleep timer. Wall mounted thermostat which, I think, keeps the room evenly heated. Refrigerator and a coffee pot which requires a little more info. I was going to make coffee in the room while we got dressed. For some reason I wanted to move the machine but quickly learned the plug was threaded through several layers of shelving. No problem. I could use it where it was but having tried to pick it up I noticed there was some sort of fluid already half filling it. It may have been stale water but had a bad odor. Needless to say, I informed the front desk and they were quite concerned that something like that had occurred and presumably took immediate action to see that it doesn't happen again.

Another thing I think I should share. We were in room 206 which overlooked the strip mall and service station. Guess it was trash day since they visited the service station very early (4 or 5 am) with back up alarms blaring and dumpsters slamming.

Notwithstanding these issues I wouldn't hesitate staying here again since it is convenient and otherwise a nice place. I take the coffee pot as a lesson learned and will check the pot no matter what hotel it is. I would suggest everyone do the same.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank thed3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear thed3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you found our facility to be clean and well equipped. Please accept our sincere apologies for any trouble our coffee pot may have caused. On the other hand, I am happy that our staff was able to attend to your concern in a timely manner.

I have taken note of your comments including your experience with noise levels. Rest assured that these will be used to consider improvements where possible.

We can't wait to have the opportunity to host you again and provide you with a better stay on your next visit.

Faith R