“okay but over priced”

Tito's Diner
Ranked #12 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mediterranean
Reviewed 28 May 2014

restaurant is bright & clean with good hours; in my experience the food was nothing out of the ordinary and was expensive. Probably won't visit Tito's again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stop in here for a quick lunch and was glad I did. Coming from New York City I expect a lot from a diner. This place did not disappoint. From the waitress to the manager everone was extremely nice and the service was great. our waitress Cynthia was so sweet and attentive. She informed me that there was only 1 piece of coconut cheesecake left and she would definitely recommend it. She was not wrong. It was delicious. I will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Tito's has been around for a few years, but we just discovered it about a month ago and keep going back. It's excellent. It looks like a typical retro-themed 50's diner, but the food is of better quality than typical diner fare. We love the variety on the menu, especially the Mediterranean food like kebabs and gyros, breakfast available anytime, burgers, hot dogs, and healthy options. (The menu offers more elaborate dinners such as steak, ribs, fajitas, salmon, and a few pastas. I haven't tried any of these yet. I'm hesitant to eat such fare at a diner, but nothing suggests this wouldn't be good here. Those dinners are $12-17)

They have real milkshakes, handmade with ice cream, milk, and vanilla. The banana shakes use real bananas. The other flavors I think are syrups or jams. Banana/chocolate shake is highly recommended.

The hamburger/cheeseburgers are the best you can find in the area: large, meaty patty, not greasy, and on a dense buttered roll. It looks like it should be on a magazine cover. Homemade hummus is very good. The shish tawook is excellent. Onion rings are the real thing. Fries are the kind with the seasoning salt. Salads have greens, not just cheap iceberg lettuce.

Good and attentive service, very clean, and very reasonable prices for the quality (you end up around $10/person). They are good at everything, and I'd recommend anyone reading this skip all the chains and support the local, better option!

1  Thank tim1962
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a very interesting diner. The front is decorated like a classic diner, but the back part is more like a regular restaurant. The menu has everything from burgers and pasta dishes to gyros. We've eaten here three times in the past year and enjoy the variety of food, especially when me and the Mrs. can't agree on what kind of food we want. The food is very good, but I wouldn't call it great. The prices are very good, the service is excellent and the menu has something for everyone.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

On the way to Va, our carload was hungry and looking for a place to stop and eat. I am a big fan on Long John Silvers, so we pulled into there only to discover their parking lot was not yet plowed from the snow a couple of days earlier. Right next to it was Tito's Diner, so we pulled into there. I thought that we had a big mistake because when we entered, we were asked IF we had reservations, and we did not. We saw the tables set with flowers for Valentines day, and all I could think of was a limited Valentine day menu, with high prices. We were asked IF it was OK to sit in the 'diner' area, not set up for Valentine day, and we were all OK with that. We were quickly seated, and surprised that we were given the standard menu. YEA. Three of us had breakfast (at 5 PM) and one had a COBB salad. The salad was just OK, The others had French toast, Belgium waffles with 2 eggs, and Belgium waffles with strawberries and all were all excellant. We would definitely consider stopping there again on our recent trips down to the Williamsburg, Va area.

1  Thank MWazie