“Nice relaxing stay”

Sleep Inn Southpoint
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was a very nice stay on the way to North Myrtle Beach. Great location, clean and comfortable. Enjoyed warm cookies and fresh coffee when we arrived. Then a swim in the moonlight. Nice breakfast with waffles.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed overnight as a half way point en route to Myrtle Beach. If I could pick this hotel up and move it to a vacation destination I would do so. The hotel was spacious and clean. The front desk clerk was friendly and checked us in quickly. The hotel pool was outside but large. It would have been a nice pool to lounge around if we were staying for more than one night. There was also a decent exercise room. Breakfast was the usual standard fare which included a waffle iron, yogurt and cereal. We traveled with our three young children ages 9, 6 and 3. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JenniferE28
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Funny how people complain about smokers and smoking rooms in hotels/motels...but when I went to check in at the Sleep Inn South Point in Fredericksburg, VA, they did not have any smoking rooms available.

Now, I don't know if this means that the hotel is completely non-smoking, but according to their website, they do offer smoking rooms! http://www.sleepinn.com/ires/en-US/html/Availability?sid=xdFBKi.jh6i3g8Qs.50

But, I must say, the front desk clerk was wonderful at 11:00 pm, and gave me a great rate for 2 double beds. (my daughter and I were traveling). He honored my AAA card and said that he would put me on the first floor so that I could easily walk outside for a smoke.

The rooms were standard, but CLEAN. (You should know, that since the invasion of bedbugs, my daughter and I do a thorough check before we bring in our luggage.) So, no sign of any little critters at all. Our room was cool (the weather was in the high 80s), and we had a cute view of the pool.

Yes, the pillow feel as if they are filled with balls of cotton, so I am glad that I travel with a pillow from home. Check out was NOON, and they offer FREE wifi, breakfast, a pool, and there are lots of fast food restaurants really close by.

The staff is sweet and accommodating. This is a really nice hotel! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sm0kin
Reviewed 3 May 2012

If we are traveling on I-95 and need to stop for the night, this is where we stay. There are plenty of restaurants, fast food and gas stations nearby. Rooms are adequate and clean. Front desk personnel are very helpful (this time she suggested the Choice Privileges Program). There is an elevator right in the lobby. Breakfast is adequate and server was great ("good morning", "can I help you", "is everything ok?")

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Meg S
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Overall, this is a good hotel, and you can't beat the rate, but it had a couple of issues. (1) Internet was a little slow, and it's not wireless in the room, so you need a cable. (2) Bed is awesome, but pillows are horrible - unless you like sleeping on pillows that are like airy cotton balls with no substance. (3) Hallways will choke you with air freshener smells. (4) Every time I went to the front desk (check in, check, out, get an internet cable), there were two ladies there. The one who helped me mentioned she was new, and she was AWESOME. But, the other one just sat there, indifferent to everything around her, and she was almost rude to the new employee. Her "blah" attitude overtook the new employee's great attitude, so the overall feeling whenever I went to the front desk was that I wasn't welcome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank cj6767
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Nonsmokers: this is the motel for you if you want to smell someone else’s cigarette smoke! The third floor: smoking & nonsmoking rooms. A brilliant idea. The stench is on other floors, too. That’s like going into McDonald’s and having a smoking and nonsmoking section!! We will not stay here again! They did have a good breakfast bar.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This hotel has been our stopover of choice for the last five years driving down from Montreal to Myrtle Beach. The rooms are always clean (at least the ones we got), The staff is always friendly. There is a nice breakfast area well stocked. We also like the fact that there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, something we really appreciate after a twelve hours drive. If your into Mexican I recommend El Charro just next to the hotel. Good food, nice friendly service and a fun place to relax.

We've already booked this hotel for our next trip down to MB next month.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple