“Good Service, Dog Friendly”

TownePlace Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Service, Dog Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Service was excellent and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I really
appreciated the dog friendliness of the hotel. There were large fields nearby to walk my dog which I always enjoy having. The breakfast selection was good. The workout room was good with a variety of equipment. There was a computer work area set up for guests to use. The only negative was that the microwave in the room did not work. I notified the front desk and a portable microwave was brought in quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I do not know why this place got such low reviews. It looks like it has recently been renovated and was very clean. My studio had all good appliances in the kitchen, plenty of hangers for my clothes, plenty of room to work with the very large desk, a flat screen TV, and a very quiet AC unit (AC was set to 70 degrees when I came in). The thing I love about TownePlace Suites the most is the roll out desk that I can use while doing work and watching TV. I have no really complaints about this hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John Y
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We booked this hotel for my cousins who were coming in from out of town. I went over to check them in and take advantage of the swimming pool. My family usually leans towards Marriott brand hotels because we pretty much know what to expect. I walked into the "lobby" of this hotel and was surprised that there was no lobby....there was a very small desk at the entrance for check in. The person checking us in was really nice and had us checked in quickly. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel that was set up like this before. We checked in and went up to the room,,,,the hallway smelled like mildew....smelled like the carpet had been wet at some point and needed to be deep cleaned. We changed our clothes and went down to the pool....it was small, but fine for the kids. The edge of the pool appeared to have had a hot tub at one point; it was now filled with cement and covered up with indoor/outdoor carpet! The fence around the pool had a screen around the bottom to catch the leaves and boy was it full of leaves. Clearly, the grounds of this hotel are not kept up to my standards. I know the hotel is in a "small" town but I expected more from Marriott...I don't think I will recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Last week my boyfriend and I were driving down the coast and had planned to stop in Fredricksburg overnight. We arrived late (1:30am) and the lady at the front desk was nice and pleasant and gave us our room key. When we got into the room it was freezing. I'm not talking 70 degrees on the thermostat, it was literally frigid. It was hot and humid out, so I understand keeping the rooms cool, but the A/C was on 65 degrees - we felt like we might get colds from the temperature change! The room was small and had a large refridgerator and mini kitchen. All ammenities which we did not need, but nice to have for some people traveling I guess. Our sleep was nice and short as we had more driving to do in the morning. Morning shower...not so nice. I went first. I had a nice warm shower, but then I went for the towels and realized they were brand new and hadn't even been washed yet! I could tell this by the way the cotton shedded off of the towels. My boyfriend went next and had a freezing cold shower with the same towel problem. Not a good start to the day... On our way down the old and shaky elevator we encountered a man in a suit who smelled like he had an all-night bender. The breakfast spread was nice downstairs. They give you much more than most hotels do for a free continental breakfast. That redeemed them a bit, but they need to step it up. I always stay in Marriott's and I usually love them, but this one was not up to their quality.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night during a week-long tour of Virginia, where all of our other stays were in B&Bs. Our expectations were low, but Marriott exceeded them in spades.

During a blistering heat wave in July, we found the individually controlled air-conditioning units were a blessing, as was the well-kept swimming pool. The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were cheap, and we were glad that we had brought our own.

The staff was friendly and professional throughout our time there, and they kept the place immaculate. At a daily rate of $99, we thought it was well worth the money.

The bonus the next morning was the extensive free breakfast, which included a variety of yogurts, make-your-own waffles, eggs (which seemed powdered but tolerable), sausage patties, several kinds of cereal, and juices.

We've stayed in the best places and some that are disappointing, but this was just right for the price. We recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pfbird
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Never stayed in a TownePlace Suites before so thought we would give it a try. I'm an elite Marriott member so we try and stay at Marriott properties. This hotel was completly updated in the last 2 years and the rooms are now as good as most in the Marriott line (except the upper end properties). New flat screen HD TV's etc. I'm not sure what some other reviewers are talking about when that say it is run down. It's just the opposite. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There were even fresh baked cookies at checkin. Breakfast was the usual Marriott standards, sausage, eggs, various types of breads & muffins, various furits etc. All Marriotts have pretty much the same breakfast. Some a little better some no so. this was on the better side. There was also a stack of food bars to pick up and take along. I would gladly stay there again and have already recommended it to someone else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Levon M
fredericksburg. va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We just checked out. We live locally but spent one night due to power being out in our home. The hotel is probably the most run down Marriott property I've ever seen (inside). Outside is fine looking. Inside is just gross. It's pet friendly which I appreciate but I don't want my room to smell like dogs and urine. Which is exacty what it smelled like along with a damp/musty smell and feel. The room furniture is pretty beat up giving it a second hand look. Even appliances are old. Everything in room just was sad and old. I'm a Marriott Elite member and have stayed at many Marriotts. This one is probably physically the worst. On the up side, front desk staff were nice. If you're looking for a Marriott in the Fredericksburg area you'd be better off at the Residence Inn, it's newer and much better (we stayed there the night before).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family