“Great!”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Westport, Ma
“Great!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Travelled here with our two small dogs. Very comfortable bed and very clean! Would recommend this hotel for sure. Friendly place. Quiet and a hot free breakfast.lots of nearby shops and restaurants. Great location right off highway.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 March 2013

When you first enter the Lobby, you start to think, I have to leave, luckly we stayed. The lobby is small and not like the hotels or motels today, the person behind the counter gave me a BIG SMILE and HELLO (Very Pleasant). Gave her my reservation # and she provided me with a room key, our room had two Queen size beds (larger than normal size), a full kitchen area, nice size room and bathroom, but most importantly extreamly clean. (YES, we were happy). Resturants are in the area, I would suggest to visit the Golden Corral in the hotel area. Another item that I found interesting, they allow pets. It was a plesant stay and I would return. I would suggest to the Mangement to enlarge the front desk and Breakfast area. Arriving guests first impressions mean alot.

Room Tip: Top floors are always better
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat W
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Ignore last year reviews of the halls smelling like mildew, old and outdated. They must have did an update. Our room was pretty up to date with newer appliances and nice cabinets, even a 2 burner stove, which was nice for our long stay. There is no lobby area to sit and wait for my local friend to come pick me up... no chairs at all. It is just a desk to check in. The breakfast area is also very small.... Forcing you to sit on top of each other and I'd rather not sit that close to strangers. They did not think that out when building this hotel. It's packed with business folks during the week early and the dining area is so small that they can't even sit and enjoy their breakfast. They are forced to take something on the run, which doesn't allow full advantage of the choices. Even if you take it back to your room, it's a long walk and it's a pain to carry a drink and plate and then it's cold. Our room was down 2 different hallways. You can completely hear people's conversations in their rooms when you are walking by.... thin doors, thin walls.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Astrokien
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We have had the opportunity to stay here 2 times and find the staff very friendly; rooms are comfortable and clean; hotel quiet; and ample breakfast. We had the luck of the draw to get a room that had a vey noisy heater in the room. Finally got temperature to setting and turned it off. Our first visit we did not draw such a room. This I feel is something that can be easily fixed by staff but eager to get on our way, I neglected to mention it. Since it was rewards night I thought it would be in bad taste..Otherwise great visit; good location and we would visit again.

Room Tip: Suggest room facing front of hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Service was excellent and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I really
appreciated the dog friendliness of the hotel. There were large fields nearby to walk my dog which I always enjoy having. The breakfast selection was good. The workout room was good with a variety of equipment. There was a computer work area set up for guests to use. The only negative was that the microwave in the room did not work. I notified the front desk and a portable microwave was brought in quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I do not know why this place got such low reviews. It looks like it has recently been renovated and was very clean. My studio had all good appliances in the kitchen, plenty of hangers for my clothes, plenty of room to work with the very large desk, a flat screen TV, and a very quiet AC unit (AC was set to 70 degrees when I came in). The thing I love about TownePlace Suites the most is the roll out desk that I can use while doing work and watching TV. I have no really complaints about this hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John Y
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We booked this hotel for my cousins who were coming in from out of town. I went over to check them in and take advantage of the swimming pool. My family usually leans towards Marriott brand hotels because we pretty much know what to expect. I walked into the "lobby" of this hotel and was surprised that there was no lobby....there was a very small desk at the entrance for check in. The person checking us in was really nice and had us checked in quickly. I don't think I've ever been in a hotel that was set up like this before. We checked in and went up to the room,,,,the hallway smelled like mildew....smelled like the carpet had been wet at some point and needed to be deep cleaned. We changed our clothes and went down to the pool....it was small, but fine for the kids. The edge of the pool appeared to have had a hot tub at one point; it was now filled with cement and covered up with indoor/outdoor carpet! The fence around the pool had a screen around the bottom to catch the leaves and boy was it full of leaves. Clearly, the grounds of this hotel are not kept up to my standards. I know the hotel is in a "small" town but I expected more from Marriott...I don't think I will recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family