“Great burgers and wonderful rooftop dining!”
Review of Vivify

Vivify
Ranked #163 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Vivify has great tasting burgers and their menu provides some unique choices. These burgers are a big step above Five Guys and are just as tasty as Capital Ale's burgers. The rooftop is nice for summer dining, not much of a view, but still nice and cozy.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love, Love, Love the rooftop deck and bar! Great music, love the decor, and atmosphere. Good Happy Hour prices. However, the burgers need a little work. The are not bad but for a burger place should be a lot better. Before they do gourmet burgers they should perfect a regular burger for taste, etc. Piling a lot on a burger does not make it good. With a little tweaking this place can be excellent.

1  Thank Oneill60
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am sharing this because I am visiting from Nashville, Tennessee. My daughter who lives in the area was thrilled to share Vilify with me, so we planned for two days to eat there. With her two daughters, we walked in. The decor is colorful and the music creates a care free attitude, reminding me of the early 70's. This is going to be a treat. Whoooooops.

Asking for cheddar instead of the all-American chees added three dollars to the cost of the burger. When we asked the cashier, a young man stepped up to help her. She wasn't familiar with the meun so he was going to assist.

When I asked it the were charging three dollars extra to have cheddar instead, he was able to justify the additional charge as he spouted their in the of day tally, for profit, etc. etc. He was kind enough to say he would discount the price, but it would not be something he would do in the future.

Good enough. Right? Well, the burger got to our table, and two bites in, I couldn't eat it. I wasn't expecting the sweet tast that it had. My daughter said it was the bread.

Why take the time, with all the proof of such high quality beef, when the bread and the service lacks what I would recommend to have return business.

Villify! Nullify.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We really wanted to like Vivify, with the rooftop bar, and the promise of some good burgers. Well, suffice to say we went to Capitol Ale Houseto have dinner, after eating here because the burger was so small. It was difficult to find the meat. There is not a view from the rooftop, and no glass allowed on the rooftop? Who wants to have a drink out of a plastic cup? No thanks.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ok so it's good but has room for improvement. We stopped in here on our way back from va beach. We wanted a burger and almost went to the capital ale house because we aren't busting at the seams of burger joints.

Let's start with the name. Vivify Burgers & Lounge. That word lounge made us turn away at first. Still wanted to try it. We found the menu taped to the window. Yep scotch tape on the window with the photo copied menu. I know there is a cost to business but business paper for the menu? Come on.

Ordered. Burgers are a little steep for what comes out. I know it's all a certain type of beef but my egg was bigger than the pattie. I'm a growing boy and need a little meat. I'm ok ordering a hormone burger if it gets me a decent size patty.

I've been dogging the place I know. Atmosphere on the inside is great. Staff was friendly and service was quick. I'm all for it. Seating on the back porch is not my favorite because I want to people watch and you can't do that from the back yard.

Beer selection is great. Lots to choose from and bartender at the time new what she was helping me select.

I may try again. If I'm in the area it won't be my last choice but I can't promise it will be my first either.