“It's just OK”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I'm not sure why this place has so many great reviews. I met a friend there for lunch today. I chose the chicken parm for $11.00. Since the only thing it comes with is chips (which to me just does not go with italian food) I paid the extra dollar for a side salad. The small sandwich arrived and the coating on the chicken was a very dark brown, just short of black. I thought it was overdone and was told it was not. I must admit they were correct and it was not overdone and it was tasty. It was not, however worth $11.00. The piece of chicken was very small and was barely covered with cheese. My friend got the Rueben and also found it quite lacking in the amount of meat. The serving of chips she received was also quite sparce.
I see no reason to return.

1  Thank oceanbeach1212

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My companion and I decided to get on the road from D.C. and find a place for brunch en route South; this was a serendipitous and wonderful find! We had a custom rendition of eggs benedict with salmon (instead of canadian bacon) accompanied by a dill crema and pea shoots - divine! I am still having visions of the beautiful waffles arriving at surrounding tables and will return to try when I'm next in the area. There's also an impressive lunch menu available, along with a thoughtful and diverse wine list. The surrounding is eclectic and pleasant, with soft colors and art on the walls. The value for the dollar is quite favorable and the service was friendly, welcoming and attentive.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We just don't go out to eat that much. So when we do, I truly hate to be disappointed. Learned the hard way. Whenever we are celebrating something special and going out, this is the place. Great food, excellent service, daily fresh changes and surprises to the menu. Also walk across the street to their other place, have not actually tried the food but so love the roof top bar!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hands down, one of the best restaurants in the area! For families or a couple. Food is fresh, local and prepared exquisitely. The atmosphere is second to none. Affordable prices with prompt, attentive service. Do yourself a favor and dine here. You will not be disappointed!.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are driving down 95 through Virginia and you need lunch, do not go fast food. Go to Downtown Fredericksburg and stop there. We happened on this restaurant and are not normally adventurous, but were so happy we did. Lunch menu is small but everything sounded delicious. I will admit, my husband and I only shared two things as we had a later party and didn't want to fill up. The chicken black eyed pea soup and Cali BLT were excellent. We talked about that sandwich all day long! Place is cute and has an artists work hanging that was fun to look at.