“Wonderful stay at the Schooler House B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I spent the night at the Schooler House Bed and Breakfast, and our stay was made perfect by the beautiful house and the delicious breakfast. We stayed in Willie's room, and the fireplace helped create a warm and cozy atmosphere. Andi is a great hostess, and she gave good recommendations on places to eat. We had such a good time that we are going to make our visit there a yearly event. Thanks, Andi!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for talking the time to write such a nice review! It was great hosting you and Pete here I enjoyed our conversation at the breakfast table. Stay well and take good care of yourself!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a great time celebrating our anniversary in Fredericksburg this March and will definitely return to The Schooler House. Our stay was very comfortable, breakfast was delicious (even though Andi claims she doesn't really cook), and we loved staying in town where we could walk to shops and restaurants. There is nothing about our two night stay that I would change.

Room Tip: Willie's Room is a little larger, so I'd go with that one if you're staying more than a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you for your lovely review! I really enjoyed having you here and hope you'll come back for a visit! Stay well and we'll keep in touch!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Andi at the Schooler House made sure I had an unforgettable visit to this great town. I was able to see where my grandmother grew up, enjoyed shopping in the heart of town and eating at some great restaurants, all of which were within walking distance from the Schooler House. If you are traveling by train the house is an easy 10 minute walk from the station, no need for taxis! The house itself is just beautiful, with fireplaces in both bedrooms and the dining room, which was great! Breakfast was amazing! If I go back to Fredericksburg I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hi Heather,
It was great fun having you here and sharing your genealogy journey! I'm glad you were able to see the house where your great grandparents and grandmother lived. Erin and Chris were thrilled to show you around and loved hearing your story.
Hope to see you if you return to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is our second weekend trip to Fredericksburg, the last time at a different B&B downtown which we also liked. But Schooler House was great. Andi takes a lot of pride in her house, its history, and the numerous antique artifacts she has everywhere. This B&B only has 2 rooms, but that's why you get a little more personal attention I think. When she took the time right off the start to explain the background of the house, it showed that she was as excited about us being there as we were. We stayed in Annie's room, which is a little smaller than Willie's, but we were very comfortable. The bed is one of those very high antique ones that you almost need a step stool to get into, but very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. It's the classic home-cooked style, and it was great. Started with a strawberry & blueberry cup with whipped cream. Then scrambled eggs & bacon, with french toast. Eggs & bacon were good, but the french toast was awesome. With real maple syrup. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you both need to be in the bathroom at the same time getting ready in the mornings, go for Willie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Hi Mike,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for posting feedback; I really do appreciate you taking the time to do it. I hope you'll come back again. You have to try my poached pears and scones!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Really, we only do a repeat if it is a homerun. Too many choices to just keep doing the same old thing. But the thing is with this joint is we get the weekend we really, REALLY want. So close to all the good stuff in Old Town, knowledgeable hosts that may give different (read: both side of a coin) reviews of attractions with great food and an attractions in walking distance...

Minor requests like having coffee ready at 4AM for an early riser like me...no issue.

Be warned... if you are on any sort of diet issue, make sure they know or you are toast because the food in the AM is soon to be made illegal. Starting with fresh poached pears and raspberries with cream.... The proprietor my need to be arrested for contributing to the delinquency of my waistline. I hope her husband is around to bail her out!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danpri
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Hi Dan,
Please don't arrest me!! Loved your review; very clever. Always a pleasure having you and Patty stay with us! I hope you'll come back again soon. Maybe we'll see you in C-ville one of these days.
Best,

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We spent one night at this lovely B&B in December as part of a holiday “getaway.” From the minute we arrived Andi made us feel comfortable and at home. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and the remodeled shower was a delight. Breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed sitting and chatting with Andi. The B&B is a short walk to the shops and restaurants; we had a great dinner at Foode, where the servers were well acquainted with Andi and her husband, (as well as their dog!) We highly recommend this great B&B.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review! I know how it is to get caught up in life after returning home so I really appreciate you taking the time to post. I hope you'll come visit again!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This place was the ideal location for us. The coziness and charm of the Schooler House made us feel right at home. Breakfast was phenominal, and the hosts were absolutely accomodating in every meaning of the word.
I would recommend the Schooler House hands down to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Mark,
Thank you so much for your review! I've been very slow in responding; please excuse me. Loved having you here and hope you'll come visit again!