“A night in Fredericksburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A night in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We really wished we could have stayed more than one night! Andi and Paul are very good hosts providing a very warm welcome, excellent food and a comfy bed. The house has a wonderful history and Andi and Paul are keeping it alive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Hi Richard and Sue,

Thank you for your review! I also wish you could have stayed longer in Fredericksburg. I hope you were able to find things to do in D.C. during the shutdown. I'm sure you enjoyed Mount Vernon. If you do come back to the States, I hope you'll visit Fredericksburg again!

Andi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sheffield
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Schooler House for 3 nights at the beginning of August 2013. We traveled to the US from the UK after finding the accommodation through the internet. I have to say we were not disappointed. The Schooler House is a clean, charming and lovingly restored period home dating from 1891 full of antiques and period pieces. Andi the host was the height of hospitality giving my wife and I a tour of the house before showing us to our lovely and comfortable room. We were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay. The breakfasts were of a high standard and plentiful served on a period porcelain dinner service. Guests sit at a large dinner table with the other guests which made for very enjoyable conversation. Andi and her husband do own a dog which is very friendly but which is kept away from the public areas of the house for those who are interested to know.
Schooler House is ideally and conveniently located only a couple of minutes walk from Downtown
Should we return to this area of the US again I would not hesitate to book with Andi again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Hi Peter,

I think this must be your review. I responded to another review recently and thought that was you. So, whoever wrote that review, and if this is not your review, please excuse my confusion.

Thank you for posting! I know how busy we all are after returning from vacation. I always appreciate when you take the time to do so.

Paul and I really enjoyed having you and Karen visit. You certainly made the most of your time visiting the sites! I'm so pleased that you had a good time. And, I do hope you come see us again if you come back to the area.

Orange
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I had another awesome stay at The Schooler House! Andi was really great with our constantly changing arrival time, and breakfast was amazing. I love the furnishings and the homey feel of The Schooler House, and Enzo has made me want to get another dog. Thank you, Andi and Paul, for making our getaway relaxing and memorable. We look forward to staying again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: We love Willie's room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Hi Austin,

Thank you for your lovely review and for spending another night with us! Paul and I really enjoy having you and Pete here. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Stay well and be safe!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Schooler House on our wedding night and loved it. The home is decorated very nicely and makes you feel right at home. The breakfast was great and extremely delicious. Andi worked with me so I could pick up the key early and drop a few things off before the wedding. Overall, a great place to spend a night or long weekend. You won't be disappointed with your stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Damon,

Thank you for posting a review! Paul and I were so happy to have you spend your wedding night with us. Jessica looked absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed seeing your happiness!

I hope you'll come back to see us again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Andi and Paul have created a charming and inviting atmosphere for their guests to enjoy. From the front garden to the beautifully furnished home and the backyard retreat, the house and it's owners are very welcoming. Upon our arrival, Andi delighted us with a history of the home. The inn is a short walk to the historical downtown with many shops and restaurants. We also visited the Civil War battlefield which is a short distance away. For dinner, Andi recommended a wonderful restaurant which we thoroughly enjoyed. In the morning, we were served a delicious breakfast in Andi's dining room which transported us to a bygone era. The table was beautifully set with exquisite china and the food that Andi prepared was fit for royalty. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Andi and Paul have a large dog that is kept in a separate part of the home away from guests. However...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Peter,

Paul and I appreciate your lovely review!! Thank you for taking the time to post.

It was a pleasure having you and Karen here with us. We always love having guests from Europe visit and explore our sweet Fredericksburg! I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourselves. You certainly covered a lot of ground.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer!

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Andi is obviously very proud of The Schooler House's heritage and has gone to great lengths to recreate the sense of an old world home. This does give the place a slight feeling of 'museum', and would certainly make it unsuitable for children, but there's enough 'welcome' to postively offset things.

Being a 2-room B&B, a buffet breakfast would not make sense, but Andi goes one step further with a real gourmet experience for breakfast, and most guests would find it difficult to find fault with either quality or quantity of the offerings. Served in the main dining room, with period crockery and cutlery, it is somewhat daunting at first but certainly gives one the feeling of being pampered.

The bedrooms are cozy and offer fine sleep quality; although facing or close to the street, traffic is not heavy and outside noises are not intrusive. In addition to an inside sitting room, Guests also have the run of the rear courtyard garden, which offers a very pleasant dining option if you've had enough of eating in restaurants and decide to opt for a DIY picnic.

We stayed for three nights, and found both The Schooler House and Fredericksburg to be an extremely liveable place; there's a good selection of eating options, and the streets are a joy to walk. The Schooler House is conveniently located a couple of blocks from the main thoroughfare and parking is plentiful.

The acid test (i.e. would I return): Yes, absolutely.

Room Tip: The Schooler House has two rooms: Willie's Room is larger and is almost a suite with a separate...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antipodeans_Abroad
Hello!

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do so.

Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We really enjoy having our British guests come to the B&B and enjoy our little city. I hope you'll come back if you visit the area again.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is my second stay here because my son is a student at UMW. I plan on staying here for all my visits to UMW. Boy ,did I get lucky! Where to begin...the property is just beautiful with front and rear gardens,very welcoming. THe interior and decor reflect the victorian era. Andi told me about the history of the INN and about items she has displayed last time I was there. The rooms are just beautiful. The beds are so comfortable,you will not have a problem falling asleep. Andi irons the sheets for the beds so you will feel like a queen. Andi prepares a scrumptious breakfast. If you are able to eat it all you won't have room for lunch. This stay I had coffee,fresh orange juice,cooked apples, french toast,scrambled eggs and bacon. Let me tell you I am still dreaming about this meal! This is all served on fine china,with lovely silver, lighted candles and fresh flowers all before 8am. Andi and her husband Paul are wonderful inn keepers. They really set the standard high and meet it every time. Thanks again see you soon

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Hi Toni,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really enjoy having you visit with us! We do love our guests, but you... what can I say. You're like my best friend from High School! And, you know Enzo loves you best!

Thanks for staying with us and we're looking forward to 4 years of visits while you travel to UMW events. How lucky we are to have such a wonderful guest!

Hugs,