“Clean and welcoming”

Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Clean and welcoming”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

First of all the location is great, as every possible dining option is within a mile or less. Front desk staff was very helpful with questions about the area and things to do. I would stay here again the next time i pass through.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hi Snap1218,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful!

Take care and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Browns Mills, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great staff, fast and prompt. Every morning the front desk greeted me cheerfully, and every afternoon the staff greeted me smiles and cookies. (I did not like the cookies!) I will definately use this hotel again. No real beefs with anything.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Brian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Robert,

Thank you for making us your home away from home the past month and a half! I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating. Give me a shout next time your in the area and we'll see what we can do about that cookie situation.

Take care and hope to see you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2014

While on my trip we had a snow storm with app 3/4" of ice under the 5" of snow. The roads were terrible, to say it nicely. While eating breakfast, the staff informed me that due to the weather, they were going to offer lunch so those staying at the hotel didn't have to drive. It was a class act. I hit the road that evening, just to play in the snow, and only 2 restaurants were open within 2 miles of the hotel. I'd estimate there are 40 restaurants within that 2 miles. The room was clean, well maintained, and the bed was very comfortable. The work out room was clean and had plenty of equipment. When I head back to that area, I'll stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side of the hotel away from I-95.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Brian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Rick ,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's been quite the winter with so much snow, so we wanted to do anything we could to make things better for everyone stranded! I'm glad to hear it made a difference for you.

Take care and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Fairfield, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and have LOVED it, my last trip I was the unlucky person who had the room at the end of the hall that backed up to the expressway....I am a light sleeper and will not make that mistake again. Staff is great, hotel is very nice and clean, but the expressway is an issue.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor! We're glad to hear you enjoy our facility and staff, despite the issue you faced with highway noise your on your most recent stay. Please feel free to reach out to me prior to your next visit here - I'd be glad to tend to the details personally. That way we can make sure you have a Hilton Honors account that lets us know ahead of time you are a light sleeper and then we'll do everything possible to accomodate!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We recently spent two nights at this location and found it to be clean and well appointed. The sleep number bed was a bit of a disappointment on my husband's side, as it did not work quite properly. We were placed on the back of the hotel, which we loathed. The back is right off of the highway, and the trucks going by at 3am downshift instead of applying breaks. It was impossible to get a decent might sleep. The heating/cooling unit was almost as loud as the trucks.

The hot breakfast made to order was okay.....it's nice to have table service, but we were shooed away from the hot food area when we went to look a the food when deciding what we wanted. The bacon was overly greasy, over cooked and stuck together in a sheet.

We are at the Ihop nearby the second morning and it was much better for less money.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the FRONT and not the highway side.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Normally Love this Hotel Chain. This was our first disappointment. While we were away on vacation we traveled 3 days down to Florida and 3 days back and always looked for Hilton Garden Inn to stay at. It is the only one that has large rooms and a roll in shower for my wheelchair. Has a restaurant in hotel with excellent food and staff is always helpful except this one time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. If you would like to give me a call at 540-548-8822, I would love to discuss the details of your experience with you. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to continue to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Elliston, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great Hotel, Friendly Staff, Clean and accommodating! I stayed at this hotel the first time because the Marriott was full. I am so glad that I did! It is convenient to local shopping and close to the hospital where I had to conduct business. Lots of restaurants are close by. The staff go above and beyond to ensure that you have everything that you might need. I will continue to stay here when I visit Fredericksburg, VA.