Homewood Suites Fredericksburg
US$129
US$87
US$85
Travelocity
All reviewscomplimentary dinnerexpo centermon thursevening receptiongreat hotelfull kitchenstudio suiteliving areabasketball courtsmall kitchenhome away from homeextended staybusiness tripcentral parkexcellent stayoutdoor poolrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Homewood Suites met my most important needs when looking for a hotel. It's quiet, clean and friendly. An added bonus is that it is built just 3 miles from Fredericksburg, VA and is in a complex with two other hotels and a Wegmans grocery store. We could walk to Wegmans to pick up wine, food, etc. The breakfasts and dinner served were perfect and kept traveling costs low. Our one-bedroom king size suite was extremely comfortable. We will definitely use Homewood Suites again when we come back to visit the lovely town of Fredericksburg, VA. Be aware of traffic, though. The traffic around the complex is congested as there are many shopping malls in the area of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed there for two nights on business recently. I think this was my first experience with Homewood Suites, which is a Hilton property. As the name suggests, the room was actually a suite of rooms including a small kitchen, living room/bedroom and bath. The room was spacious and comfortable. The kitchen included basic necessities. There was a table for eating. The living area had a desk and a TV. The TV swiveled so it could be seen from the couch or the bed. The bathroom was divided into two rooms. One area with sink and large vanity mirror, with quality soaps and shampoo, and the other area including a large walk in shower.

The bed was comfortable except for the stupid pillows all hotels seem to be going to. You know the ones that look plump but when you place your head in them they flatten, offering no support and surround your head. Maybe its just me, but I like a firm pillow that actually supports my neck. If you are going to put four pillows on the bed, why not make one of them comfortable?

The free breakfast was adequate. I didn't take advantage of the free dinner time. (The days I was there included meatball subs one night and oriental food the next.) If I was on an extended stay this would have come in really handy.

The exercise room was nice - couple of treadmills, stair stepper and free weights. The lobby area was inviting with a large gas fireplace.

Overall, this was a quality place.

Room Tip: Nothing much to see from this property, so no advantage to having a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This place was GREAT. Hands down just great for a hotel with very clean rooms, great comp breakfast and even offers a dinner (which I didn't have) Monday through Thursday. The staff was excellent. Check in was very speedy as was check out. The gym was small but worked out fine. You could not ask for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the great hotel from Nov 7th 2013 till Nov 10th and EVERY aspect of this hotel was great. They have a wonderful staff, the breakfast was outstanding and I didn't get to try it but free dinner Monday through Thursday looked wonderful (unfortunately I had dinner plans before I arrived so I couldn't try the dinner). The room was amazingly clean and very spacious. The night auditor checked me in and the lady on the front desk in the morning that I checked out was extremely nice as well. GREAT staff, GREAT food GREAT PLACE I will definitely stay again. Location worked well for me also. THANK YOU ALL.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Awesome hotel. Breakfast is great and staff is friendly. Went with other couples and they were able to accommodate us right next to one another. Called ahead and rooms were ready to be checked in and it was well before check in time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple