“Fine for a Quick Overnight Stay”

Comfort Suites Fredericksburg North
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
America's Finest City
“Fine for a Quick Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We were on our way to another destination but needed a stop for the evening. I had scoped out this hotel online and got their lowest rate ($75) that came with a no cancellation policy. This isn't a fancy hotel by any means but it did the trick. The hotel staff (we only came into contact with two or three) was very personable and helpful. The room was fine, with a comfortable bed and plenty of space. Though the hotel appeared to be close to full, we did not have an issue with noise. The breakfast in the a.m. was good - waffles, cereal, toast, juice, etc. There was a small, indoor pool open 'til midnight that we didn't use. All in all, we were pleased with our choice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Winchester, VA
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We were on the 4th floor near the end of the corridor, so it was very quiet. The room was definitely comfortable and clean. It would have been nice if the mini-refrigerator had a small freezer section. I probably made the mistake of not reading the room description adequately when I made the reservation so when I entered the room I noted that it wasn't really a suite--at least not what I consider a suite (bed space with separate living space and maybe a kitchenette, which is what I had at a Comfort Inn and Suites in Chattanooga, TN). It's my fault for not realizing that a "one room suite" is just one room, as a typical hotel room would be. Aside from that everything was fine. The dining area was large enough and the food selection for breakfast was good. Being a non-smoker, I was glad to be in a "smoke-free" facility. The access to I-95 was almost literally a stone's throw away from the hotel. There was a Target store across the road which made it easy for my wife and I to "resupply" for our vacation. No issues with any staff and the express checkout eliminated any departure delays. I chose to stay here even though we were visiting Richmond because the review of most Richmond hotels ranged from mediocre to terrible!
As a result, I decided I'd rather drive back and forth to Richmond and stay at a nicer hotel located about an hour away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Very clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff, easy on easy off I-95, great location with various stores across a many laned street and in a safe neighborhood! I'm a woman who travels alone with kids, trust me on this one...nice place. The kids used the pool which was clean but small. Breakfast is typical of any that include breakfast, nothing special but kept stocked, and clean. The food in the restaurant just outside the hotel, which is actually in the same parking lot, is fantastic, casual, and affordable! We each got something different, from eggplant parm and chicken alfredo, to subs and roll up sandwiches - all were fresh and delicious. Their spaghetti sauce is yummy! Great spot to stay if you're exploring Fredericksburg and surrounding area, or as a rest stop traveling N to S or visa versa!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GlamBecca
diamond, oh
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This place has it all. Convenience on and off the freeway, cleanliness, roominess and affordability. For $81.00 my family of five had two full beds and a full size pull out hideaway bed. We used it as an overnight stay on our way to the Outer Banks. The only bad thing I can say was that there isn't enough room for everyone to have breakfast & the breakfast was a little sparse compared to some places we have stayed. But, none of us left hungry, we made do. Highly recommend & would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Stayed on our way back from Myrtle Beach without advance reservation. Checked 2 other hotels in the same area and this one was not only far nicer, it was also about $30/night cheaper. Front Desk staff were very helpful and it's conveniently located. Unfortunately, most restaurants other than McDonalds accross the road were closed at 10:30pm. I've stayed at some of the other hotels in the area on previous trips and will choose this one from now on.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickyH1
westboro,ma
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Would definitely stay again. Convenient to King's Dominion. Spacious rooms and clean.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rtl36
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel last night. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-95 and is right across the street from a few restaurants and a Target store. The breakfast they offer from 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. has a good variety of items as well.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo