“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Monroe, CT
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went to visit family in Fredericksburg for the weekend. We wanted a place where we could visit with guests without sitting on the bed in the hotel room and this suite worked out extremely well. Room was a comfortable size with a sofa, upholstered chair and a small desk.

The room had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The room and bathroom were clean and in good condition. We were very happy with the room.

Breakfast was a little on the skimpy side, but I wasn't hungry after eating. Sausage and egg disks like most other free breakfasts. Three different breads to toast but I didn't see any bagels or muffins. Not a glamorous spread, but plenty to eat and free.

There are about nine hotels in this one stretch of road and I priced all of them. I also read reviews on all of them and crossed a few off my list. Out of the hotels with available suites, this was the best priced. Prepaying also saved a significant amount.

We didn't arrive until close to midnight. The night staff was efficient but not overly friendly. Saturday morning we realized that the iron was missing from our room. I went to the front desk and was greated by a friendly staff member who immediately went to find an iron. He didn't have any luck but said he would send one up to the room. About two minutes later there was a knock at the door and someone was there to drop one off.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were on our way to Myrtle Beach from Montreal and stayed here on the way there and on the way back. The hotel was very clean, comfortable, and located right off the highway. I would definitely stay there again. I also fell in love with the town, so maybe I will make a trip to this town to visit all the cool collectable stores. If I do, I will be staying at this hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here on our way to North Carolina. I booked in the morning and asked for an infant crib which was provided at no extra cost. When I arrived late that night, the staff at the desk didn't know anything about a crib and wasn't sure the hotel even had one but offered to run out to Walmart and purchase one for me if she had to. Fortunately the crib was already in my room but it was great customer service! The king-sized room was very nice and we felt overall a very good value. The crib fit very well between the couch & the wall that separates the bed area, but it wouldn't have fit next to the bed. I'm a small person and I could not fit between the bed & the window. The whole room was very clean my only small complaint was about the shower. The granite on the walls looked like it had recently been caulked at the bottom but not cleaned properly beforehand so it looked moldy but was not. Nor was it sealed so water leached in and made the granite dark. I didn't let management know before we left because it wasn't a big deal. The morning breakfast was only so-so. Powdered eggs, sausage was SUPER fatty even for sausage and it was very crowded. Waffles but most of the fresh fruit was gone by the time we got there. I asked for a high chair & someone ran to another building to get one, however when they came back it went to the wrong person! Fortunately another high-chair was free by that time. Overall I would definitely stay again but probably plan on going somewhere else for breakfast - and that just so I don't have to stand in line to get a waffle!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. I have to say this hotel is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly. The rooms had comfortable beds and everything was clean. It is in a great location. I will be back to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 0aaronr
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stay here when we do art shows, a coupe of times each year. I have severe asthma and Never have had a problem. The room is spacious, beds comfortable, not a trace of mold or dirt. Breakfast is always good and I can eat gluten free, as well.

Room Tip: Great Mediterranean food at Aladin restaurant in the center across the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We just had a good nights sleep at Comfort Suites. The beds were only full size but comfy. I also like the pillows here.
A weird lighting arrangement that maintenance needs to address. The lamp by the bed is on the same switch as that in the entry area. If I wanted the bed lamp on the other lights were also on. This is hard when trying to read and put a toddler to sleep. Also the noise from the hall and connecting rooms was easily heard.
Breakfast was good, clean and well stocked and it was very busy. Don't expect a diner breakfast but it works for a quick start in the morning!
This was a good family stop and with AAA discount got it for under 100 bucks.

Stayed July 2014
Syracuse, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Suites because it was inexpensive, had a fitness room, small pool, was just off Rt. 95 (on our way to Florida) and served a free breakfast. All of those amenities were provided for and the king bed was especially comfortable. There was ample parking, the staff was pleasant and, if you wanted more breakfast than the hotel offered, a Perkins Pancake House was a short walk away. The hotel is located in suburbia, where everything looks the same as any other suburban area. A strip mall was just across the street with a Target as a main anchor and it also contained the Aladin Restaurant, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. This Comfort Suites hotel is a good value and worth your consideration if you are traveling in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple