“Thank You We loved and we'll be back”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Leesburg, Virginia
“Thank You We loved and we'll be back”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Mr Dowdy,

Just a note to let you now we appreciate the hospitality shown to us by your employees. The cookies are always great and the staff helpful to tell where the best food is in the area and of course the shopping. You are fortunate to have dependable people we feel lucky as many time s we have been there that we have nothing but good experiences, (knock on wood).
Being able to have our pet with us and not be charged an arm and leg adds to the value for us. Fredericksburg is such a beautiful little are with so much history, I keep my eye out for Stonewall Jackson.

By the way my Mother in Law left her book in the room it was South Of Broad, if they found it please hang on to it till we get through there soon.

Best Regards,

Carmen Popa

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmen P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Central NJ
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed on the first floor, all the way at the end near the outside door (room 101, I believe). The location was great since we arrived with our big dog and not-so-quiet kids so we didn't feel like we were disturbing anyone being all the way at the end-- plus it was great for giving the dog his potty breaks (there is a huge field to the side and behind). The beds were super comfy-- and having 2 queens was the reason we booked here rather than other pet-friendly properties. The rooms were spacious, too, and with two adults, two kids and a dog, the size was especially helpful. There were always fresh cookies and awesome coffee near the front desk, and the continental breakfast was great! Breakfast burritos with eggs, yogurt, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc.-- something for everyone. We also took a dip in the pool (which probably should've been heated) but our kids didn't mind at all. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the location was great. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a pet, try to get placed on the first floor near the back field!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Happy2GetawayNow
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife, 3 kids and I stayed here while visiting family in the area. It was very conveniently located off of I-95 and the staff was excellent. I consider myself to be very tough, but fair when it comes to how I judge service of any sort. I over see 4 restaurants and I am very detail oriented. The facility was clean and the staff was clearly empowered to treat guests the right way. This hotel and it's staff quickly became the place we will stay whenever we return to the area to see our family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AGJ_11
Beaufort, Slo Country
Reviewed 27 July 2011

our double with king was very comfortable and clean. although there seemed to be some sort of kid's convention going on, our room was quiet. tv worked, internet worked, fridge worked, microwave worked. what more could you ask for? they even have a library near reception! breakfast was good for me as i don't eat a lot. only problem was that i drink tea and they had "gourmet" teas, but no black (standard) tea. that's the only fault i could find.

Room Tip: be nice...we asked for a room away from the elevator (noise area).
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Saranac Lake, NY
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Hotel is easy to locate off 95. No traffic. Just needed a place to stay between FL & NY. A couple of restaurants nearby. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 20 July 2011
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We enjoy seeing our snowbirds as you travel up and down 95!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I stopped here Monday night, July 4, 2011 on my way back to FL. The desk clerk lady was super nice, helpful, and in line with what I find at Country Inns, and Suites. There were 2 elevators, but one had 1 burned out bulb, and the other had 2 out..not a really big deal...and they were still plenty bright. The room was large, but I was just a little disappointed in the bathroom. The toilet had a real small cheap plastic toilet seat, which was not tightend completely. The tub/wall caulking was discolored....not sure if it was mold, and there was a drop ceiling. There were tons of great towels. The TV was an older type, but great picture. The wi-fi fast, and dependable. The pool area was clean, as was the whole property. The Jacuzzi was posted out of order. The breakfast was typically good, and there was nobody there, except the attendant. Plenty of delicious, fresh, cookies every time I passed the desk, and a smiling "hello" from the clerks. All in all, a pretty good stay, as I find most Country Inns and Suites to be.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Not a bad place to stay. Convenient to I-95. Didn't get to try breakfast as the buffet didn't open till 7am on Sunday. Free wi-fi was nice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family