“Excellent value hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
IAD
“Excellent value hotel”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am visiting the area frequently this year. The area including 20 miles north and south of I-95 does not really have a good area to stay. The hotel rate is quite expensive though hotels are merely 2 star at best. I think Hampton across the street is the best. I decided to try the different hotel and quite surprised with this country inn. Overall, the hotel room is clean and the bed was comfortable though rooms need renovation. I was recognized as a gold member and upgraded to corner room. This is the first time I was ever upgraded since Country Inns generally ignore the Club Carlson program. Then I was surprised with breakfast offerings: waffle, hot items - omelette's, potatoes, egg, bread, yogurt,...etc. But items look unhealthy. They even had welcome cookies at Front desk. But again, guests probably would not happy with these extra offerings. Just reduce the room rate, cut these unwanted spending period. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Traveling from W. PA to OBX with 4 y/o boy and LARGE dog - needed a pet friendly place to stay mid-way.
Great location with plenty of food options nearby - convenient to Rt 95. But, not so close that we had a lot of road noise.
We reserved a King suite online w/ AAA discount. I called about a week in advance to confirm ressie and to request pack n play and a ground level room.
At check in - no ground level rooms available - given 2nd floor; spoke to manager since our large rotty has trouble w/ stairs and the elevator was central and somewhat inconvenient. He offered us a queen standard room on first floor which not work for us. we stayed on 2nd floor.
Room was quite large. Had a sm sofa and sm microwave/refrigerator. Decent sized bathroom. Remodeled nicely - somewhat older building - but, fine in appearance.
FREE cookies, coffees and dog biscuits! yay!! got our fill for sure - they bake the cookies fresh on site - yum-O.
Good warm breakfast is included. Ok service - ran out of forks and staff was somewhat slow in getting things replenished.
Large area(s) to walk dogs - however, out of doggie bags two days in a row.
Pool area pretty large with big jacuzzi - however, out of towels the next AM and basket full of dirty ones laid there from day before - w-end stay -so, I thought that unacceptable. I told janitor/maintenance person about towels - he grabbed a few from gym next door - still no new towels 2 hours later?
DO NOT STAY here if you don't like dogs - i never saw so many dogs!! But, clean - no doggie odors I noticed.

Room Tip: Find out what room type you want and then where they are located.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 28 November 2011
I am pleased to hear that you and your family (dog included) enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the minor inconveniences and hope that you will stay with us again. We do have a lot of pet owners (cats welcome also) stay with us and our housekeeping staff seems to keep any odors from being an issue. Thank you
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Mr Dowdy,

Just a note to let you now we appreciate the hospitality shown to us by your employees. The cookies are always great and the staff helpful to tell where the best food is in the area and of course the shopping. You are fortunate to have dependable people we feel lucky as many time s we have been there that we have nothing but good experiences, (knock on wood).
Being able to have our pet with us and not be charged an arm and leg adds to the value for us. Fredericksburg is such a beautiful little are with so much history, I keep my eye out for Stonewall Jackson.

By the way my Mother in Law left her book in the room it was South Of Broad, if they found it please hang on to it till we get through there soon.

Best Regards,

Carmen Popa

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmen P
Central NJ
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed on the first floor, all the way at the end near the outside door (room 101, I believe). The location was great since we arrived with our big dog and not-so-quiet kids so we didn't feel like we were disturbing anyone being all the way at the end-- plus it was great for giving the dog his potty breaks (there is a huge field to the side and behind). The beds were super comfy-- and having 2 queens was the reason we booked here rather than other pet-friendly properties. The rooms were spacious, too, and with two adults, two kids and a dog, the size was especially helpful. There were always fresh cookies and awesome coffee near the front desk, and the continental breakfast was great! Breakfast burritos with eggs, yogurt, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc.-- something for everyone. We also took a dip in the pool (which probably should've been heated) but our kids didn't mind at all. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the location was great. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a pet, try to get placed on the first floor near the back field!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Happy2GetawayNow
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife, 3 kids and I stayed here while visiting family in the area. It was very conveniently located off of I-95 and the staff was excellent. I consider myself to be very tough, but fair when it comes to how I judge service of any sort. I over see 4 restaurants and I am very detail oriented. The facility was clean and the staff was clearly empowered to treat guests the right way. This hotel and it's staff quickly became the place we will stay whenever we return to the area to see our family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AGJ_11
Beaufort, Slo Country
Reviewed 27 July 2011

our double with king was very comfortable and clean. although there seemed to be some sort of kid's convention going on, our room was quiet. tv worked, internet worked, fridge worked, microwave worked. what more could you ask for? they even have a library near reception! breakfast was good for me as i don't eat a lot. only problem was that i drink tea and they had "gourmet" teas, but no black (standard) tea. that's the only fault i could find.

Room Tip: be nice...we asked for a room away from the elevator (noise area).
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Saranac Lake, NY
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Hotel is easy to locate off 95. No traffic. Just needed a place to stay between FL & NY. A couple of restaurants nearby. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 20 July 2011
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We enjoy seeing our snowbirds as you travel up and down 95!