Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 26 February 2012

i picked this hotel from book wanted to try franchise . upon entering hotel looked great . lady at desk was curtious and booked us at reasonable rate . room was new and claen bed were amazingly comfortable.breakfast was more theb enough and the women settin up was friendly

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I normally like Country Inns & Suites, but this one has terrible customer service from the front desk to the manager. When complaining to the manager all I got was "sorry!" The linens were threadbare also. Not a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were traveling north on December 21, 2011 and made a reservation at this hotel. After a long day of travel we checked in and were greeted by a friendly,helpful staff. We were in room 415 which was a king suite. The room was spotless and well appointed. The bedroom was separate from the living-kitchen area. Both had TV'S. It was such a pleasant place, more like a bed and breakfast, that we decided to order our dinner in from a local resturant. We had been traveling all day so it was such a nice surprize not to feel we had to leave again in search of a place to eat.The living room area had two comfotable chairs,a desk, sofa and a nice kitchen area.

I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when we travel to see family in the north.

Room Tip: highly recommend Room 415 very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Travelling North back home after a great vacation we had a pile of hotel coupon books on our laps. We saw this hotel's ad and called ahead asking for the walk-in rate. "No problem! We will hold it for you." we were told. Right off the I-95 it looked good. Check-in was painless (thanx Rich) and entered our room.

Very clean and updated with 2 Queen's. Asked for extra pillows which were quickly delivered. Fridge,microwave and coffee machine in the room.

This is a very well equiped hotel with an large indoor pool, meeting spaces and on-site restaurant. Even though there was a restaurant (Denny's?) there was also an included breakfast buffet. Much much better then most. Actually had hot dishes which we were told changed every day.

Very pleased. Paid $71 with all taxes. Sweet deal!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am visiting the area frequently this year. The area including 20 miles north and south of I-95 does not really have a good area to stay. The hotel rate is quite expensive though hotels are merely 2 star at best. I think Hampton across the street is the best. I decided to try the different hotel and quite surprised with this country inn. Overall, the hotel room is clean and the bed was comfortable though rooms need renovation. I was recognized as a gold member and upgraded to corner room. This is the first time I was ever upgraded since Country Inns generally ignore the Club Carlson program. Then I was surprised with breakfast offerings: waffle, hot items - omelette's, potatoes, egg, bread, yogurt,...etc. But items look unhealthy. They even had welcome cookies at Front desk. But again, guests probably would not happy with these extra offerings. Just reduce the room rate, cut these unwanted spending period. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Traveling from W. PA to OBX with 4 y/o boy and LARGE dog - needed a pet friendly place to stay mid-way.
Great location with plenty of food options nearby - convenient to Rt 95. But, not so close that we had a lot of road noise.
We reserved a King suite online w/ AAA discount. I called about a week in advance to confirm ressie and to request pack n play and a ground level room.
At check in - no ground level rooms available - given 2nd floor; spoke to manager since our large rotty has trouble w/ stairs and the elevator was central and somewhat inconvenient. He offered us a queen standard room on first floor which not work for us. we stayed on 2nd floor.
Room was quite large. Had a sm sofa and sm microwave/refrigerator. Decent sized bathroom. Remodeled nicely - somewhat older building - but, fine in appearance.
FREE cookies, coffees and dog biscuits! yay!! got our fill for sure - they bake the cookies fresh on site - yum-O.
Good warm breakfast is included. Ok service - ran out of forks and staff was somewhat slow in getting things replenished.
Large area(s) to walk dogs - however, out of doggie bags two days in a row.
Pool area pretty large with big jacuzzi - however, out of towels the next AM and basket full of dirty ones laid there from day before - w-end stay -so, I thought that unacceptable. I told janitor/maintenance person about towels - he grabbed a few from gym next door - still no new towels 2 hours later?
DO NOT STAY here if you don't like dogs - i never saw so many dogs!! But, clean - no doggie odors I noticed.

Room Tip: Find out what room type you want and then where they are located.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

I am pleased to hear that you and your family (dog included) enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the minor inconveniences and hope that you will stay with us again. We do have a lot of pet owners (cats welcome also) stay with us and our housekeeping staff seems to keep any odors from being an issue. Thank you

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Mr Dowdy,

Just a note to let you now we appreciate the hospitality shown to us by your employees. The cookies are always great and the staff helpful to tell where the best food is in the area and of course the shopping. You are fortunate to have dependable people we feel lucky as many time s we have been there that we have nothing but good experiences, (knock on wood).
Being able to have our pet with us and not be charged an arm and leg adds to the value for us. Fredericksburg is such a beautiful little are with so much history, I keep my eye out for Stonewall Jackson.

By the way my Mother in Law left her book in the room it was South Of Broad, if they found it please hang on to it till we get through there soon.

Best Regards,