“Friendliest Hotel Ever”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Have now stayed 1 week of what will be a 3 month stay. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in this one is the friendliest. Staff really appears to enjoy working here and makes every effort to get to know you. Have only had one issue with room and it was addressed immediately. (Can opener didn't work). Obviously this hotel is well managed and while I have never recommended a hotel before I felt I had to this time. Too many names to list everyone, but standouts are Stephanie, Jonathon, Lisa, Justin, Ursa(Housekeeping)(hope I got that name right),and Myleigh.

Room Tip: Rear rooms face woods
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Guest; On behalf of the hotel team and management, I'd like to personally thank you for the great review! Our goal is to provide exceptional service in a clean, friendly, warm and inviting atmosphere. I am delighted to see we exceeded your expectations from the moment you arrived. I also appreciate the shout outs for our wonderful staff, thank you for recognizing each one personally in your review. Please let us know at any time if we can be of assistance to you. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Country Inn and Suites property on Warrenton Road last year. I thought it would be the same at your hotel. I was happy to be informed that my online upgrade request had been approved. We were excited to find a nice room for our evening stay.

It was my tenth wedding anniversary and we came to the hotel after a wonderful dinner, hoping for a quiet, relaxing evening together, before making the trip home.
We checked in about 8:30pm. While the hallway smelled of powdered carpet cleaner, the room air seemed fine. The room temperature was much too cold. Neither my wife or I were dressed for winter and neither of us had coats or sweaters packed since the night temperature outside was between 75-80 degrees in this summer heat. We couldn't adjust the temperature in the room, as only cold air would blow from the unit. I turned off the fan.

The bed had only a bedspread and single sheet. My wife was freezing. I found some woven blankets in the closet, but upon opening the plastic, they didn't seem to have been recently laundered. We didn't want to use them in case they had not been cleaned from other guests.

I went to the front desk shortly after 9pm. Miley at the front desk told me that nothing could be done about the room temperature except turning off the fan. While she was pleasant and professional, she was not helpful or sympathetic. I returned to the room and tried to stay warm with my wife. After several hours we couldn't take it any more. We checked out around 12:30am to drive home where we could be warm. In checking out, the male associate at the front desk asked about my stay. When I described the temperature problem as the reason for leaving, he asked if the earlier associate had offered me a heater. No, she did not. He happily processed my checkout.

I had a great anniversary, up until my stay at this hotel. I'm sure my anniversary is not their concern, but I expected a reasonable evening in a comfortable room. To add insult to injury, they did not offer to compensate my stay, and the manager simply thank me for my comments. Do yourself a favor and pick a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest; On behalf of the General Manager and team at the Country Inn and Suites, we would like to express our regrets that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, our goal is to always provide exceptional service to all our guests and we apologize we did not meet that goal for you. I understand you spoke with our General Manager and he would like to also say thank you and how much he appreciated your time and your comments, feedback like yours is important and he'd like to personally invite you back to try us again one day so we can show you that we are better than your first experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We do hope you and your wife will consider being our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Very good location for stop-over during I-95 trip, for all other purposes very bad location next to highway. Very good service at check-in (1.30 am), ok breakfast but nothing but basics. You can argue not much differentiate this from cheaper places such as Days Inn except the 30% higher price and slightly nicer room. I paid 80$ + tax with a coupon at "show-up".

• Stayed: July 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know you received a good value and service. We understand there are other choices and pleased that you chose to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Fredericksburg area.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice clean rooms and facilities. Pet friendly ($10 fee per day). Nice free breakfast. Check in and out was friendly and efficient. A little pricey, in my opinion, but it was a safe and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor are very very nice, but more costly. I only want a place to rest my weary bones a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure having you and your family as our guests. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

After driving for too many hours I was looking forward to my stay at the CIS.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When I discovered the AC in my room did not work they quickly moved me to another room. Even though the hotel is starting to show its age I found the room clean and comfortable with everything I needed.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby but I choose, for convenience, the Denny's that was attached to the hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was good with plenty of selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NovTraveler01
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for sharing your review with us. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable stay in a friendly environment so our guests feel right at home. We are pleased to see we met that goal for you and appreciate you letting us know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the business. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

After a long drive, we were looking for a clean, affordable hotel. We had checked another chain across the road and were assured that although the price was very good, the hotel was very clean. Upon entering the room we found a very large, live bug under the table. We opted not to stay and checked out Country Inns and Suites. Very pleased. Jason (?) was very helpful and let us see the room before registering. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and very quiet. The whole hotel is not smoking!!! We appreciated this. Several options available for breakfast lwhich was included in the rate. Even a goody bag to take water or fresh cookies etc for the road. If this hotel is a reflection on other Country Inns and Suites we will definitely use them again.
Hotel was slightly off the main highway but not a problem. Worth the drive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeniorTraveller11_60
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Guests; From all of us at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South thank you very much for the wonderful review! We take great pride in our hotel and cleanliness, guest comfort and value are very important to us and a goal we strive to achieve everyday. We are so pleased to see a 5 star review as that reaffirms that we met and exceeded that goal. We will share your review with the team and thank you again for the business. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Very large hotel same appeal of all the Country Inn Suites. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.The room was neat and clean. The location was not great. It has a Denny's in house. Although the staff and the room were great, I probably would not stay here again due to the fact there s not many restaurant within walking distance.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael M

Dear Guest; Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg VA South. All feedback is welcome as it helps us know what we are doing well and if there is room for improvement. I appreciate the compliments for the staff and hotel accommodations. I will pass that along and share your feedback with the team. I would like to say that while we were a great fit for you in terms of the hotel and team, it is disappointing to see that you would not return due to no restaurants within walking distance. I understand that you were looking for more variety than what we could immediately offer. We appreciate your business and thank you again for the review.