“Excellent for large dog owners - service and brkst needs some help”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Mobile, Alabama
“Excellent for large dog owners - service and brkst needs some help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

For the lg dog owner this place is great - huge oversized walking areas off by the "obsolete" outdoor pool and to south of parking lot - you shouldn't come across any other doggie piles of poo in such a large shaded walking area - they even provide doggie waste bags (for smaller dogs!) my dog needs a shovel or grocery bag! (lg rottie) . The rooms (kg suite - maybe even kg room) are quite large and you won't feel on top of each other - esp. w/ lg dog! Son slept on pull out sofa.
I wish they double sheeted their beds - the comforter thing has got to go - hate this - I don't believe these get washed so G R O S S.
My two biggest complaints were: Front desk clerk and breakfast.
Front desk - upon check in - she stated no suites on 2nd floor - and that I had been upgraded to a suite? I said - well, I paid for a suite!? I said - last time we stayed on 2nd floor and there was a room there w/ a kg bed and sleeper sofa and then she says well our king rooms do have sleeper sofas - so, I don't know if I got ripped off for a reg king or not - but, then she all of a sudden finds a "suite" on 2nd floor and gives us the room - but, not after unprofessionally telling me she had to kick the previous guest out of the room because his credit card wasn't good and she was going to call the police - really - none of my concern.
2nd - breakfast -while I do greatly appreciate the free breakfast and it is above average in selection and taste - the place is WAY TOO SMALL and awkward! no one can move on a busy wend AM - seriously - big long lines and no where to sit - they really need to reconfigure this and the poor man in charge was working diligently to keep up while the two front desk ladies could hardly be bothered with helping me get some more napkins.
I also reported that our room was very noisy - some AC unit or bathroom fan (not ours as it did not work) came on intermittently during the night and I literally thought an airplane or helicopter was upon us!?
If it weren't for traveling w/ a large dog we would look for another place to stay. The $130 was steep for us - but, we needed it for the dog.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you and your family were comfortable, and that your dog was happy :) I regret to hear about your experience with our customer service representative, and will address this so that it does not happen in the future. We value you and all of our guests, and want you to be happy with every aspect of our hotel.

I understand that on a busy morning the breakfast room fills up quickly. I will bring your comments to the other managers so that we may discuss a solution. Thank you again, and I hope you will stay with us next time you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is close to I95 but sits back enough to be quiet. They accept pets and deposit is inexpensive. Hotel was OK. We had pink mold in shower head and door to bathroom was in tough shape at bottom. Air/heat vents are situated so they blow into your face (king bed layout). Room was overall clean and bed comfortable. Rooms had micro and fridge. Breakfast area is super small for being a 4 floor hotel, so tough to find some place to sit and move. Food was standard type. Staff was friendly. It sounds like Disney Tourist & us had the same room! (other review of hotel). Hahaha

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for your review. We appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us see where we are doing well, and where improvements may be needed. We will ask maintenance to check the room and make the necessary repairs. Thank you again for your business while in town. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel, a couple times and enjoyed, the comfortable beds and home made cookies and breakfast. Also, love the fact, that the windows open!! Very rare, for hotels, these days, but makes it feel, not stuffy. Also accepts pets and staff is very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for the very kind review and comments from your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, South. We appreciate you selecting our hotel each time you are in the area. That means a lot us and we are delighted to see enjoyed your stay again. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
central pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

we were given a room on the first floor - a bit noisy - but good night's sleep. I assume they allow pets, as I was asked if I had one. Ample parking spots and breakfast was adequate - could use another waffle maker - people were waiting in line to use the one machine. We paid $100 for a one night stay which seemed a bit pricey but it was convenient to the highways and gas station.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Overall the room is adequate. Furniture, bed, and bedding are modern. Only complaint was the shower head had red mold and the door leading into the bathroom had moderate water damage. Bedroom walls were very dirty near the luggage rack. Breakfast changed daily and was a good start to the day. The cookies were gooey and delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can look into this further and make the necessary improvements. We are pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable time as our guests and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Gosh!!! I want that bed! So comfy, super clean sheets, nice bedding. Clean carpet. I loved the fresh cookies and even doggy biscuits. Great hotel super close to I-95. I called them first and they offered me AAA rate of $109 but via online booking site, we paid $86. Lovely! Great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you sharing your trip with us and delighted to see that the hotel, accommodations and services provided all exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you again for your being our guests.
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

After 13 hours in the car we where very happy to be their... Québec is to far away! We where even happyer that Check inn was fast and easy the girl at the front desk was very nice and quick. They even offer cookies to the kids when we got their!! We where even more happy that the room was clean and exactly has seen in pictures! The beds are super comfy! We did not get the roll away bed we asked for but made do with what we had! Their is a chair and stuf so we made a bed for are youngest and it was fine! Not a lot of place acept family of 5 persons in a room and we hate to not be all together so we really liked that they Accept it!!! The kids had a blass in the pool after all that Time in the car they where very happy to let loose a little ... And my husband enjoyed the hot tub to relax after all that driving !!! We called for extra blankets and service was really fast with a nice smile! Breakfast the next morning was great their was something for everybody! From fresh fruits to omelets to yogourt the fresh waffles bacon( that was rond the kids found that so funny ) cereals and lots more! They accept pet we did not bring ares but we saw a lot and it did not wake us up are nothing like that. We Will for sure go back on my next trip to north Carolina cause we go every year and this place is by far the best we had! It is easy to get to rigth of the i95 and we loved that the starbuck was not far the next morning to get are cafee for the ride!!! So all and all we really like the place it was a first but not a last! And we will tell friends about it to!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you for the great 5 star review! We appreciate you selecting the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South as your place to stay for the evening. We are very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations and you and your family had a wonderful time as our guests. We look forward to seeing you all again next year. Thank you again for your business.