For the lg dog owner this place is great - huge oversized walking areas off by the "obsolete" outdoor pool and to south of parking lot - you shouldn't come across any other doggie piles of poo in such a large shaded walking area - they even provide doggie waste bags (for smaller dogs!) my dog needs a shovel or grocery bag! (lg rottie) . The rooms (kg suite - maybe even kg room) are quite large and you won't feel on top of each other - esp. w/ lg dog! Son slept on pull out sofa.
I wish they double sheeted their beds - the comforter thing has got to go - hate this - I don't believe these get washed so G R O S S.
My two biggest complaints were: Front desk clerk and breakfast.
Front desk - upon check in - she stated no suites on 2nd floor - and that I had been upgraded to a suite? I said - well, I paid for a suite!? I said - last time we stayed on 2nd floor and there was a room there w/ a kg bed and sleeper sofa and then she says well our king rooms do have sleeper sofas - so, I don't know if I got ripped off for a reg king or not - but, then she all of a sudden finds a "suite" on 2nd floor and gives us the room - but, not after unprofessionally telling me she had to kick the previous guest out of the room because his credit card wasn't good and she was going to call the police - really - none of my concern.
2nd - breakfast -while I do greatly appreciate the free breakfast and it is above average in selection and taste - the place is WAY TOO SMALL and awkward! no one can move on a busy wend AM - seriously - big long lines and no where to sit - they really need to reconfigure this and the poor man in charge was working diligently to keep up while the two front desk ladies could hardly be bothered with helping me get some more napkins.
I also reported that our room was very noisy - some AC unit or bathroom fan (not ours as it did not work) came on intermittently during the night and I literally thought an airplane or helicopter was upon us!?
If it weren't for traveling w/ a large dog we would look for another place to stay. The $130 was steep for us - but, we needed it for the dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Staff at Country Inn & Suites hotel in Fredericksburg, VA takes great pride in offering guest rooms and suites that ensure every guest feels right at home. Rooms include complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, cable TV, refrigerator and microwave, just to name a few. We are pleased to offer a complimentary continental Breakfast each morning. Don't forget to relax in our pool. We also have meeting space available for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Fredericksburg South Hotel Fredericksburg
- Country Inns And Suites Fredericksburg South
- Fredericksburg Country Inn