“Great...and bring your pooch!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We planned a quick weekend trip on the fly and needed someplace in/near Fredericksburg that was pet-friendly. I am very glad we found this property. EVERY staff member we encountered was super-friendly to both us and to our dog. Great walking area out back, with well-stocked "poop bag" station. My only complaint is that if you take your dog out back in the evening there is NO lighting back there. As the hotel caters to pet owners, I would strongly recommend placing some lighting out there. I have to give a special shout-out to Myleigh who was super nice. Also, this is a great place if you have mobility issues. It was quite full, so we ended up in a handicapped accessible room which having traveled with my Mom in the past -- this room would have been great for her! No tub! Walk-in shower level with the floor. Both pool and hot tub were clean and had sling chairs to get in/out for those that needed it. Fabulous breakfast too! Meat, eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels....couldn't ask for more in that department!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you very much for the great review! We are pleased to see that the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South was a perfect fit for your family needs (and pooch had a great stay too!). Thank you for mentioning Myleigh personally in your review, we will certainly let her know that her customer service was well received and appreciated. Thank you for the suggestion about the lighting, we will look into this further. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

For the lg dog owner this place is great - huge oversized walking areas off by the "obsolete" outdoor pool and to south of parking lot - you shouldn't come across any other doggie piles of poo in such a large shaded walking area - they even provide doggie waste bags (for smaller dogs!) my dog needs a shovel or grocery bag! (lg rottie) . The rooms (kg suite - maybe even kg room) are quite large and you won't feel on top of each other - esp. w/ lg dog! Son slept on pull out sofa.
I wish they double sheeted their beds - the comforter thing has got to go - hate this - I don't believe these get washed so G R O S S.
My two biggest complaints were: Front desk clerk and breakfast.
Front desk - upon check in - she stated no suites on 2nd floor - and that I had been upgraded to a suite? I said - well, I paid for a suite!? I said - last time we stayed on 2nd floor and there was a room there w/ a kg bed and sleeper sofa and then she says well our king rooms do have sleeper sofas - so, I don't know if I got ripped off for a reg king or not - but, then she all of a sudden finds a "suite" on 2nd floor and gives us the room - but, not after unprofessionally telling me she had to kick the previous guest out of the room because his credit card wasn't good and she was going to call the police - really - none of my concern.
2nd - breakfast -while I do greatly appreciate the free breakfast and it is above average in selection and taste - the place is WAY TOO SMALL and awkward! no one can move on a busy wend AM - seriously - big long lines and no where to sit - they really need to reconfigure this and the poor man in charge was working diligently to keep up while the two front desk ladies could hardly be bothered with helping me get some more napkins.
I also reported that our room was very noisy - some AC unit or bathroom fan (not ours as it did not work) came on intermittently during the night and I literally thought an airplane or helicopter was upon us!?
If it weren't for traveling w/ a large dog we would look for another place to stay. The $130 was steep for us - but, we needed it for the dog.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you and your family were comfortable, and that your dog was happy :) I regret to hear about your experience with our customer service representative, and will address this so that it does not happen in the future. We value you and all of our guests, and want you to be happy with every aspect of our hotel.

I understand that on a busy morning the breakfast room fills up quickly. I will bring your comments to the other managers so that we may discuss a solution. Thank you again, and I hope you will stay with us next time you are in town!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is close to I95 but sits back enough to be quiet. They accept pets and deposit is inexpensive. Hotel was OK. We had pink mold in shower head and door to bathroom was in tough shape at bottom. Air/heat vents are situated so they blow into your face (king bed layout). Room was overall clean and bed comfortable. Rooms had micro and fridge. Breakfast area is super small for being a 4 floor hotel, so tough to find some place to sit and move. Food was standard type. Staff was friendly. It sounds like Disney Tourist & us had the same room! (other review of hotel). Hahaha

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for your review. We appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us see where we are doing well, and where improvements may be needed. We will ask maintenance to check the room and make the necessary repairs. Thank you again for your business while in town. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel, a couple times and enjoyed, the comfortable beds and home made cookies and breakfast. Also, love the fact, that the windows open!! Very rare, for hotels, these days, but makes it feel, not stuffy. Also accepts pets and staff is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for the very kind review and comments from your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, South. We appreciate you selecting our hotel each time you are in the area. That means a lot us and we are delighted to see enjoyed your stay again. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

we were given a room on the first floor - a bit noisy - but good night's sleep. I assume they allow pets, as I was asked if I had one. Ample parking spots and breakfast was adequate - could use another waffle maker - people were waiting in line to use the one machine. We paid $100 for a one night stay which seemed a bit pricey but it was convenient to the highways and gas station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Overall the room is adequate. Furniture, bed, and bedding are modern. Only complaint was the shower head had red mold and the door leading into the bathroom had moderate water damage. Bedroom walls were very dirty near the luggage rack. Breakfast changed daily and was a good start to the day. The cookies were gooey and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can look into this further and make the necessary improvements. We are pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable time as our guests and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Gosh!!! I want that bed! So comfy, super clean sheets, nice bedding. Clean carpet. I loved the fresh cookies and even doggy biscuits. Great hotel super close to I-95. I called them first and they offered me AAA rate of $109 but via online booking site, we paid $86. Lovely! Great breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you sharing your trip with us and delighted to see that the hotel, accommodations and services provided all exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you again for your being our guests.