Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Best Ever....Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I are in between homes, as are new one is being renovated, and we needed a hotel that provided an extended stay, was pet friendly, clean, with an indoor pool, a studio apartment room, and had wi-fi. We found all of that and much more with Country Inn and Suites Fredericksburg South in Fredericksburg Va!!!!!!!!! This is literally the best hotel I have stayed at on the East Coast. Right from the first phone call for the reservation, the staff, in particularly Justin, were simply delightful. Very pleasant, and extremely accommodating and understanding of our ordeal. As soon as it was learned that we needed a larger space for such an extended stay because our daughter has Autism, our room was upgraded at no extra charge. In every category, from hospitality, professionalism, personability, extreme attention to detail and need, and the willingness and want to help in every way humanly possible, all of the staff, from the front desk, to house keeping to maintenance to food service, were all just as sharp as a razor and on top of their game. The complimentary breakfasts, 24/7 coffee and cookies, free ice cream tickets to for our daughter, the extra towels and pillows and blankets, the space heaters if someone needs or desires them, the whirlpool (which is kept extremely clean and very comfortable), the free reading library for all ages...were the icing on the cake, the overall family friendliness. I cannot stress enough how crucial Justin is to the Hotel. He truly made our stay positive, enjoyable, and stress free,......all of the staff did, make no mistake about that....all of them.....but in particularly Justin. Anyone who chooses to stay at this hotel will know and understand right from the beginning what I am saying....... and we will absolutely be back and have recommended and will continue to recommend this Hotel to anyone and everyone......and just so the people reading this who may be skeptical understand, we are not staff members typing this trying to boost the ratings. we are actual guests and truly have enjoyed every second of our stay. This is not the type of Hotel that needs to fool the public with false reviews anyway, like alot of establishments tend to do. Their caliber of expertise will speak for itself. I hope everyone will find their stay as beautiful as ours has been. To the Country Inn and Suites of Fredericksburg South, Fredericksburg Va....we thank you! God bless you! You all deserve raises! Sincerely, the Powell Family!

Room Tip: All of them are excellent. Hows that for a tip.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Powell Family; We can't thank you enough for the wonderful review and very kind remarks for hotel, staff, service and amenities. We are delighted to see that every aspect of your stay exceeded your expectations and your family had a great time as our guests. It is always nice to hear our staff being praised for their friendly customer service and will gladly share your praise for Justin with him.

The best compliment we can receive is a repeat guest and the recommendation to others. Thank you again for being our guests.

Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've stayed here in the past and decided that we'd return on our way heading North. We had a good night's sleep, and it was really nice having the Denny's connected through the hallway downstairs (didn't even have to leave the building!). We also appreciated having the hot breakfast in the morning. The old lady working in the breakfast area was very nice and welcoming to the guests.

However, we were a little disappointed with the bathroom. It was definitely in need of repair. The shower drain was broken and basically a hole in the bottom of the tub, it wasn't the cleanest on arrival, the shower curtain had pink mold on it, the door was coming apart at the bottom and the toilet appeared to have issues.

The bathroom is the sole reason for me rating 4/5 stars. Otherwise, this hotel would have gotten 5/5, as the rest of the room and hallways were clean and the beds were comfortable. We will probably stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the building as they have a view of the street, unless you want to se...
1 Thank hhisc_local
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guests; Thank you for returning to the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, it was wonderful seeing you all again. We are very pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and delighted to see we were a good fit for your travel needs.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention, sorry to see the bathroom was in need of repair and not up the high brand standards that we pride ourselves on delivering. We will take a closer look at the guest room so we can make the necessary repairs or replacements as quickly as we can.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Erial
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I love the Country Inn & Suites chain - and this was no exception, however, I would have preferred not hearing dogs bark throughout the night. This spot seems to be a haven for dog lovers. There were plenty of guests with big and small dogs all over the hotel. I have stayed at pet friendly hotels before, but usually they contain the pet rooms to a certain area. This did not seem to be the case here as we heard different dogs barking at different times throughout the night.

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Beds and pillows very comfortable. The bathrooms are smaller than other Country Inns though. I always like the healthy choices at breakfast too (fresh fruit, yogurts) as well as make your own waffles and hot egg patties, sausage & biscuits. Hotel is right off 95 and very convenient as a stop between our southern destination and home. Many restaurants a short drive away, or there is a Denny's attached.

Room Tip: If you do not have an animal with you, ask for a room away from rooms that have dogs that may bark.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear EMG; Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the location of the hotel to be a good fit for your travel needs. It is always nice to read the compliments for our staff, hotel and services.

I do want to apologize for extra noise during your stay. We had a small dog show going on in house. Where normally we have select amount of pet friendly rooms that are not intermingled with the general guest rooms, this was not the case as a majority of rooms were for the dog show. You won't hear that on your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fredericksburg, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My stay was enjoyable and check in was quick and efficient. The hotel had good amenities and the staff was polite and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety and cookies were available throughout my stay. The pool was a tad bit small and they could use a concierge store for convenience and late night snacking. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Dear Duane; Thank you for the wonderful review and for sharing your trip with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel to be a good fit for you.

We always appreciate hearing suggestions from our guests on how we can improve upon our services. Thank you for the good idea for the snack shop, I will share that with the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, thank you again for being our guest and for recommending our hotel to others.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great place to stay with animals. They are very thoughtful and manage the place extremely well. We also ordered a rollaway and that was waiting for us in the room. They said they take any size dog and they meant it. Our mastiff was very happy with the room!!

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank JPWatpitt
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear JP; Thank you for being our guest at the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South. I am very pleased to see that you found the hotel to be a good fit for your travel needs. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon and thank you again for letting us know you had a great stay.

Sarah
Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, South.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sometimes when booking a hotel you are making a leap of faith. I've booked very expensive supposedly five star hotels only to be greatly disappointed. This is why coming to stay at the Country Inns & Suites in Fredricksburg was such a breath of fresh air especially after a very long drive. First, the staff was amazing. They were going to update their software so they called me to ask my estimated time of arrival to make sure my reservation would not be effected. WOW! A hotel being proactive. Second, the room was one of the largest I've stayed in and was perfect for a family of four and our golden retriever. Third, the hotel was very clean and exceeded our expectations and the staff wanted to make sure we were satisfied. It was so refreshing to see a hotel that was focused on customer satisfaction not just to get great reviews, but because they wanted to make sure you were happy.

The only downside we experienced on Saturday night was a large group of partygoers who were congregating in the parking lot. While they weren't staying at the hotel they were roaming the parking lot and the hotel grounds including making out in one of the stairwells. While it was a little unnerving after nine hours of driving it was nothing more.

Room Tip: We heard of several travelers using this hotel as an inexpensive way to see the attractions in Washi...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Dan; Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and leaving us a great review. We are so pleased to see that you found the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South to be a perfect fit for you and your family. The best compliment and the one we enjoy the most is hearing the praise for our staff, we truly to enjoy giving our guests our all and appreciate the praise and kudos for them exceeding your expectations.

Guest safety and comfort is very important to us. We did have a large event at the hotel that ended late Saturday night, the staff was keeping an eye on the patrons as they left to make sure they made it too their cars safely. I fully understand and do apologize for how it must have looked and felt upon arrival to see tons of party goers in the parking lot.

We hope to see you again soon,
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

On our trip to the obx. Traveling with 2 dogs. Got room on the 3rd floor, at the end of the hall, as far away from the elevators as you can get. Good thing our dogs are well house-trained. There could be some improvement on placement of their guests with dogs in tow, however, the fact that there was a quite large open grassy, tree-lined area behind the hotel for the dogs to exercise a little and use the potty. Grateful for that after 4 hrs in the car. Room was clean and in good order. Bed was comfy. Hotel seems to have been renovated in past few years so everything is in good shape. Best part of the stay was the hot breakfast Saturday morning! It was great not to have to leave the hotel to get something good to eat. NOT a continental breakfast, which is what I was expecting. Lots of buffet style food to choose from and coffee was actually good. This may be our new go-to place to stop over from now on.

1 Thank Chris M
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Chris; Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay, especially the breakfast. We take great pride in providing a variety of healthy choices for breakfast and appreciate hearing you liked it!. We appreciate you mentioning the location of your guest room, sorry about that, our pet friendly rooms can fill quickly and we may not have had one closer to the elevator readily available for you. We will work on that for you on your next visit.

I am delighted to see we exceeded your expectations with the guest room, hotel grounds, location and overall stay. The best compliment we can receive is knowing that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel a good fit for you (and your pets) travel needs. We hope you will join us again in the near future.

Country Inn & Suites, Fredericksburg South