“Friendly staff, quick check-in, clean and neat.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Everyone here was welcoming, and the place was very clean. Can't speak to the quality of the breakfast, as we didn't have time to eat there in the morning. Soundproofing very good- no neighbor noises, and the staff did not start banging doors at 7, like some hotels do. I wish they had a microwave/fridge combo, as those are very handy, and there was room for one in the corner. Ah well, you can't have everything. You will find this a quiet, decent, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returning to the US after five years overseas, and needed a place to call home while waiting to move back into our house. Stayed here for three weeks. Each day, breakfast was hot and ample, staff was friendly, room was cleaned, hot coffee was available in the evenings. All the comfort and convenience we needed in a temporary home!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Hotel was new or like new. Room was clean and quiet. Our Son's family was in room next to us with 2 little kids, could not here them at all. Skip the breakfast, there are lots of great places to eat right in area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I cashed in some Hilton Honor points for a couple rooms at the Hampton as a stopping point during my vacation travel. This Hampton is easy to find. It is in a complex of 2 other hotels, both Hilton affiliates. While I didn't eat in the area, there appears to be plenty of food options nearby.

It appears to be one a newer Hampton. Everything in the room and common area was in good shape. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My kids even commented on how comfortable the beds were. The rooms were well decorated, the bathroom had good lighting, etc. WIFI was good.

We had breakfast there in the morning. They have a fairly large area for their "on the house" breakfast. The breakfast was well stocked with hot and cold options. It was a weekend, so it was very busy with families getting breakfast before heading out on the road.
Check out was a breeze.

All in all it is a very nice hotel. It makes a perfect location to stop while traveling I95. I would choose this location again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 6 nights following Labor Day. We continue to be loyal to Hampton Inn and this property was similarly well-managed. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, location is excellent and staff was very helpful and accomodating, particularly Toshi who served breakfast on weekdays. The one issue is the fact that I had booked two rooms using HHonors points and somehow, with no notification to me, the reservation was cancelled when we arrived. Lindsay, the front office manager, is checking this out but I spent a half hour on hold trying to resolve when I arrived. Fortunately all worked out-- the rooms were available and I was able to use my HHonors points as requested. The HHonors rep said that the reservation was cancelled by the hotel but I am not so sure. Perhaps I will hear someday. Anyways, the hotel was just as satisfactory as I had hoped. There are many stores and restaurants nearby. We especially like having a Wegman's within walking distance. Hotel is visible from I-95 and is near a Hilton Garden Inn & a Homewood Suites. Definitley would recommend despite the problem with our reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Located right off I-95 in Northern Virginia, this Hampton fits the bill for travelers needing a place to crash for the night while on the road. This very new-looking hotel is economical (under $100 with AAA discount), extremely clean, and nicely decorated in Hampton's usual "upscale generic" decor. If you've ever stayed in a Hampton, you are familiar with the their extremely comfortable beds, large sized bathrooms with plenty of towels and toiletries, and nice customer-friendly touches (like calling your room phone to make sure everything is OK and you don't need anything).

To make your stay more enjoyable (and economical), they offer a great free breakfast featuring hot waffles, cereals, muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc., plus three different fresh brewed coffees. This saves you the time and expense of another meal on the road.

Just one more comment on the neighborhood. We are from NJ, so we are quite familiar with development and sprawl, but we had never seen so many retail outlets, chain stores and restaurants in one place as we did on the road leading up to the hotel. Talk about one-stop shopping nirvana! If there is ANYTHING you need to buy during your stop on the road (or any specific restaurant or cuisine type), it will be located on this road. The Hampton is at the very end of this amazing line-up, right after a giant Wegmans.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We chose this hotel for two main reasons - it was perfectly situated halfway between our two east coast start and end points (traveling down 95). Not only was it right off the highway, but it was in a commercial center that had every chain and store brand you can think of within a mile or two. Other reason was that it offered points and dollars, for a very reasonable amount of points (8,000) and dollars ($40) the room was ours. Very clean, quiet, updated, and met our needs 100%.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple