“Kind service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My first trip to Fairbanks after a long day of traveling It was nice to finally rest. Kailey and Chelsea where both patient and friendly during my check in. Taking time to tell me about Fairbanks and what would and would not be open to eat it was late when I arrived... Holiday Inn Express consistent as always. Thanks

M

• Stayed: August 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks

Reviewed 27 July 2014

First I would like to say that Ms Vada was an awesome host, she made our trip very special and fun in the morning at breakfast. Then my second hats off goes to Ms Silver she was an outstanding front desk clerk she went above and beyond her call of duty for us. And finally Andrew the manager he was awesome to work with, we had an issue on the payment and he fixed it right away. This is an top notch place to stay and we will be staying at more Holiday Inn's due to this wonderful first time experience we had staying with all the wonderful staff in Fairbanks, AK again thanks to all of ya'll for making us feel like we were at home it made our trip great with our grand daughters. Barbara L Howell Jamestown, NC

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our desk clerks and posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time staying at this location. The staff is excellent and the hotel is clean. Whenever I stay in Fairbanks, I stay here.
Located central to almost everything you'll need in there. Highly recommend staying here if you are ever in Fairbanks.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and share your comments with the world. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Fairbanks.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for a week with work and was very satisfied. I had just been in the Bethel, AK for the previous 8 days and comfort is far from the norm there. Fairbanks feels like NYC compared to Bethel. Regardless, this hotel was clean, well-appointed, friendly staff, laundry and fridge/microwave in room. Decent cable selection, too.

If I came for work I would stay here again. Hampton's across the street didn't look as busy for some reason but it's the other option.

Room Tip: There is construction going on right now so request a room facing the shopping center, not the road...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We are glad our team was able to make your stay great and that William went above and beyond for you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon here in Fairbanks,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We bring our kids to town for their birthdays and love staying here. The rooms are always clean and wonderful. They even made sure to put us on the other side so we would get no construction noise without us asking. All staff are friendly and so nice check in has always been pleasant. The pool area is always clean and well cared for. Breakfast is delicious and there is something for everyone there. We even tried the exercise room and found it a really nice place for a quick work out. All in all this place deserves a ten not a 5.

Room Tip: We have stayed on all floors but the second floor is my favorite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and our pool area Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Our commitment to investing in our property will continue

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fairbanks Alaska

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A little pricey compared to other places in Fairbanks Alaska However, Andrew the Manager was very helpful and went out of his way to make us feel at home. They let me check in way before 3:00 and let my kids play in the pool after check out. The entire hotel was very clean and well kept. Breakfast was excellent Veda was top notch and made sure our breakfast was hot and ready when we walked in. She knew my kids names and what we liked with our coffee. Overall, I would definitely stay again. The only thing I would change is I wish they offered Shuttle Service that would include local attractions and airport area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

When arriving to the hotel I had to track down someone to check me in as there was no one behind the front desk. In reply to my request to check in, the clerk responded " I'm not sure we have anything available," a puzzling response as my office staff had made reservations with a credit card.

My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Furniture was what one would expect for a hotel of this caliber.

Noise from the highway and adjacent rooms was annoying - I was awoken several times by footsteps above or doors slamming.

I would normally expect an inquiry as to my stay at check out, but no one seemed to care. A real shame, but seemingly par for the course in Fairbanks- An abundance of tourists makes for reduced service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear that so many things went wrong during your stay. I have shared your review with our team and we are addressing your concerns immediately.