“Great adventure”

US$165.00*
Chena Hot Springs Tour from Fairbanks
Ranked #17 of 101 things to do in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just north of Fairbanks, this area offer many trails for day hikes.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I rented the 2 canoes for my family. We went down the river and it was really good. The views are from nice houses and some local hotels. The van to bring us back was on time. It was a great experience but pricey. I paid $120. for the canoes to find out that at the Chena lakes would have been $20. Anyway, we had fun.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The development around the river area is very nice and the river itself is beautiful. Really good areas for sitting and even picnicking.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were here in the spring (March) when it was still fully snowy and the drive was beautiful. I thought this place would be a little cheesy but I actually really enjoyed it. The springs are hot and it was fun to be in there while surrounded by snow. Definitely worth a visit. In summer the drive is probably beautiful as well.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We took this trip mostly because we were told the best chance for viewing wildlife in the Fairbanks area was on this road. This is 57 miles of scenery with a hot spring at the terminus. Did we see wildlife? Yes, one red fox. The facilities at the end of the road were typical for natural hot springs - bath houses, restaurant, gift shop, etc.
The road, while paved, has about 40% of its distance ice heaved pavement. This wasn't much of a drawback but it did slow the driving.

1  Thank Ram1995
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was a beautiful drive and we saw many moose!! I did wish we had some idiea of the trails~map, or something. I would have loved to have gotten out and walked around more.