“Okay”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Victoria, Canada
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Staff could be friendlier (evening reception clerk, breakfast room hosts, shuttle drivers). Reception desk staff should speak more slowly when listing details. I was very disappointed to learn that the “free shuttle” is not available 6:00-8:00 a.m., because of a contract with the railroad – there are two vans but only one driver on duty. This is an older hotel, so expect a worn look and water-guzzling toilets and big whirlpool baths. The website lists room amenities as including a writing desk and chair, but they were not in my room – no desk or eating table. No sign of recycling being done or promoted. The breakfast offerings were below what I would expect, including many packaged items, and breakfast is served in the pub in the basement. The hotel is in a quiet location, and I slept well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LCNtraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Yorktown, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

This place was probably great 30 years ago, but it is woefully out of date and tired. It's actually boarderline gross with the plush carpet and wood grain baseboard. The room was a good size and had a little kitcehette. I was only there for 4 hours and was glad it was a short trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill_Alisen

Travellers are raving about these Fairbanks hotels

Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

So, I was pleased with the Regency when I stayed there. It's an old hotel in Fairbanks. But they are taking care of it. The front desk lady was nice and the rooms were clean. It would not be my first choice in hotels, but Fairbanks is extremely expensive in the summer, so I went with them.
A few days after checkout, I saw that I had a charge of $60 on my CC. I called the hotel and they told me it was for missing towels. I took no towels. I took nothing from the room. Not even the free soaps. The front desk manager told me that they were missing and I was going to be charged. I attempted to contact the general manager and he never returned my calls. One woman told me 1 towel was missing, another person told me 3. Regardless, $60 for used low quality towels that I didn't take. C'mon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Accident, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed here the day prior to our cruisetour, because the cruisetour hotel was very expensive, and since we didn't get in until after midnight it didn't make sense to pay a lot of money. It was very comfortable and spacious and we appreciated the breakfast. The staff was pleasant and stored our luggage while we walked downtown. They picked us up promptly at the airport--I guess they are used to late night arrivals. The lobby was very nice, as we spent some time there waiting for a taxi to take us to our next hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank landerslp
a
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

stay away. There are cleaner, better run hotels in Fairbanks. I've stayed at many hotels in the area and have found that this place is where you can stay only if you cannot find a another hotel. It smells horrible as well. The vent fans in the room can keep you awake too.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank generic1234
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is a very old feeling hotel. The room was large and clean. The restaurant downstairs was awful. Bottom line, I'd spend more money, if I was ever unfortunate enough to be in Fairbanks again, and stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed one night after our cruise/tour ended. The Regency was more centrally located to downtown than the tour hotel. The room was the biggest we had the whole trip with kitchenette. Our room was clean, smelled fresh, and very comfortable--I had a great night's sleep before taking an all night flight back to the lower 48.
Morning buffet was included in room fee and included both hot and cold items, more than expected.
The desk staff was very helpful in giving directions and recommendations for places to see and eat--all within walking distance. They were also very accommodating with transportation needs before and after check-in/check-out.
We got good vibes from the instant we were picked up by the staff at our end-of-tour hotel and would stay again if in Fairbanks.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple