Regency Fairbanks Hotel
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The furnishings and decor are tired and dated but it was very clean and comfortable, only "downside" to the room is there was no desk to work at. Upon calling the desk, a folding table and chair was brought up. They no longer have kitchenettes in every room, per their ads.The breakfast is basically a continental with make your own waffles. The staff was very friendly and helpful. For the price, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for five nights. From start to finish everyone we encountered on the staff provided excellent service and friendly help. We enjoyed our suite and it was clean and comfortable. By far our best stay in any hotel ever. We enjoyed the convenience of going downstairs to the sports bar/restaurant and the service there was equally good. Everything was in good working order except very minor details which were fixed immediately and in a friendly way, a lightbulb in the bathroom, and fresh batteries for the remote were the only problems we had the whole time. We want to stay here again. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: corner suite was large and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carmen k
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed here for two nights. Pulling up to the hotel had me thinking, what did I book... But after meeting the staff and seeing that the accommodations were clean I changed my mind on the place. It is extremely dated. Old old old, but clean and very friendly staff. Had great suggestions on local places and had an airport shuttle that can pick u up and drop off at ANY time. The location of the hotel was off one of the main roads in Fairbanks so if you are renting a car it has great access and is easy to maneuver, and it has free parking and plug ins. The breakfast was traditional continental items, with bagels, waffles, cereals, etc., but it was nice to get the day started off with a full stomach. The bar/restaurant on the bottom floor, Tubby's, was also a nice addition. Made it nice to have dinner and a drink and not having to leave the place. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a cheap, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nicgar11
Reviewed 8 January 2013

What a dump, I was giving a non-smoking room on the first floor that had been saturated in febreeze trying to cover up the cigarette smoke of the previous guest. The room was not clean at all, under the bed was empty beer bottles and the smoke alarm had a plastic bag covering it. The carpet has stains on it that have not even been attempted to be clean, this is evident because the stains are dried and crusted making the carpet feel stiff and rough.

Room Tip: Refuse any rooms in the basement (aka the dungeon). Check the room and bed before you get settled...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank chrisbrc60880
Reviewed 10 December 2012

First of all, this isn't the type of hotel I normally pick. I wanted to stat at one of the Aurora type hotels near Fairbanks but my wife accidentally booked this on Priceline so we gave it a chance.

It looked very old on the outside but it had a decent check in area, though very outdated. The price was very inexpensive and you get what you pay for. Nothing was really bad about this hotel I would have just prefered to pay a little more for a nicer location with an updated hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasCane
Reviewed 7 December 2012

While the hotel itself is very nice, the employees seem to care nothing for privacy or safety. It would seem that if someone came to the desk with an elaborate story about needing someone's room number, the first thing that should cross someone's mind would be, "why don't they have this information already?", or "couldn't they call the person they need to see and find out from them?". Not the case. Your room number is easily accessible. When an ex-wife busts up in your room at midnight and goes to beating people you can thank Regency Fairbanks. Everyone carries a gun in Alaska and we are very thankful that only fist were used. It could have been a lot worse and I hold the hotel responsible for all events that took place. I tried to call the manager and waited a lengthy time without speaking to them.

Room Tip: No privacy or concern for safety.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank J K
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel it was nice and service was OK.....until we tried to check out they tried to say we smoked in the room and tried to charge us. I smoke cigarettes outside in the cold and the lady working front desk seen me ho out all night.so they tried to say I smoked in the room n I didn't ...always check your bill for this hotel.they are shady and will try to get every penny from u.Just be careful...I'm sure they do this all the time..

• Stayed: December 2011