Billie's Backpackers Hostel
US$139
US$125
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$104
US$139
SpringHill Suites
US$110
US$81
US$79
US$116
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$100
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$102
Travelocity
Sophie Station Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$103
Sophie Station
All reviewspeach cobblersweet homeinteresting peoplenice personnorthern lightsbooked a private roombunk bedsbus stophome away from homeliving roomclean towelsstay there againcomfortable place to stayother guestscoffee potvisiting fairbanksstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

"Come in and make yourself a t home" is the tread of this hostel, oh, and please take your shoes off at the door. Coffee and tea are available as needed. The kitchen is clean, the bathroom was clean; be the early bird to avoid a line for the shower, the overall atmosphere was quiet and consideration to and by the other guests who guests were a variety from literally all over the globe. Billie is not a stranger to anyone. My daughter and I stayed in the main part of the house, renting a room with twin beds. It was different at first, and then I fell right into being part of Billie's Hostel. Yes, I would stay there again and will when I go to visit the girl at UAF.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very friendly staff. Comfortable accommodations. You can see the Northern Lights (if any) right in front of the hostel. The only concern is that their reservation system may have some problems. They overbooked the beds so I have to stay in sofa for half a night, so get a confirmation before you arrive. Anyway they did not charge me for that night, and at least it's warm enough in the room:)

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Yunlang L
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in July, in the 4 bed dorm room. The room was clean, roommates respectful, bathrooms and Kitchen were kept very clean. The hostel is charming and the pugs very adorable. Billie was very warm and welcoming. The overall experience was amazing...just what I wanted :) Will definitely stay again when I do go back to see the aurora.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Manasi_patil
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am normally a B&B, home rental type of traveler. But my travel companion is an experienced hostel user so I thought I'd take the plunge. The evening we arrived I was overwhelmed. As others mentioned I had never seen so many people! But it was quiet and clean and neat. As older travelers we had booked one of the private rooms on Billie's side of the house. It had a shared bath but only for the bedrooms on that side. And a definite evening quiet policy! Beds were very comfortable.
As others have mentioned, Billie is an extraordinary host, Through talking to her, her sister, and friends you come to realize that what folks do through those long winters is read and paint. Such articulate creative women! And absolutely no time for pretense. Such a delight to make these new friends.
Billie goes out of her way to accommodate her guests. The coffee pot is always full. Wifi is excellent. Other guests are interesting and considerate. Everyone responds to the atmosphere that she sets. Am looking forward to returning and am encouraged to push out of my comfort zone into other hostel experiences. My introduction at Billie's will be hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Deborah E
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed for two nights in the two rooms in Billie's private home, and the rooms were very comfy and clean. There were other travelers hanging out in the living room/kitchen area every night, and they were all very friendly. It's a great hostel to stay at if you plan to watch aurora. We took some great pictures on our second night! And we loved Billie's dog Franky; he's the cutest thing ever! I'd love to go back in the winter to watch aurora and stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends