“good option near Universityof AK”

Billie's Backpackers Hostel
“good option near Universityof AK”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Cozy little house, and the host Billie is a warm old lady. if you would like to visit the University of Alaska Fairbanks frequent, this is a good choice. In fact quite a number of students resident here.

Room Tip: you can also choose live in tee-pee with bed here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hui M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at this place. I stayed at the gazer and it was a little cold for me. Maybe I should ask the administrator for other blanket.
Internet works good. Really kind administration.
You can feel at home there.
Bathroom really clean.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank meinherzbrennt69
Wallis Island
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I arrived at 23h00 wednesday 13th of august 2014 without any reservation, but billies answered to my request and i had a bed in dorm although it was very late.
The atmosphere was very friendly and billies fantastic lady.

Michel, from Wallis and Futuna.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank michel k
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Billie or her son Art go above and beyond to make sure everything you need is there for ya. Loved my time there and would highly recommend it to anyone lookin for a spot to stay in Fairbanks. All the facilities you need are provided.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Sean O
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I spent there one night with my dad. Billie was very nice and friendly. The house is cute and the rooms and showers good and clean. Would definite go there again. It is not very downtown, but usually people have a car there and this is really the only disadvantage.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Simon L
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was fortunate enough to spend an extended amount of time at Billie's. It reminded me of staying with my favorite aunt. Billie herself is charming (and don't forget the appeal of Franky, Kubie and Ringo....the dogs). A real family feel. If I wanted solitude it was easy to find as well as a multitude of interesting people from all over the world to talk with. Occasionally there would be some delicious food Billie whipped up to share with all of us. Great deal of ambiance and character about the hostel itself, with interesting and artistic items and memorabilia to enjoy. Not for the "party animal" set. I easily got everywhere I wanted to go by bus or on foot, occasionally a taxi I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Fairbanks. And in the winter walk out the front door and there are the Northern Lights! I miss being at Billie's.

Room Tip: Billie offers a variety and is happy to show you the options available at the time. I liked the are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank shrrae s
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We(my friend and myself) stayed 2 nights at Billie's.Billie's son helped us in negotiating a deal for a cab to take us to Gold Dredge.We were the lucky recipients of their generosity when the company which we had planned to book our trip to Denali cancelled their early morning departure. Her son prevailed upon his sister to drive us to Denali theerby getting us out of a tight situation, Imagine our surprise that the trip came along with loads of goodies including I'm told the most awesome sandwiches prepared by Billie(am a veggie so didn't have it). Not only that Art (I believe is her son's name) drove us to Walmart so that we could shop:) Loved the atmosphere at Billies, the bunch of youngsters that were around and---her handsome and cute pugs!

Room Tip: I would choose the rooms upstairs in the main house
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends