We decided to stay over additional days, remaining at the lodge, which once house pipeline personnel. Rooms were actually apartments, with living room, eating area, full kitchen, bath and bed room. We had two queen beds and our apt overlooked the wildlife area next to the property which made it quite nice. As it was in the 50 to 65 degree weather and sunny,we were able to keep the window in bed room and sliding glass door in living room open most of the time. Everything was clean, fully supplied. Housekeeping came in every day to clean and reset the rooms. Yes the furniture is modern old, and the rugs need to be replaced, which may help the stale (possibly old smoke) air about the place. But then again we were out most of the time and considering the time of year and the fact that big travel agencies use the property, we were quite pleased. We ate over in Bear Lodge the first morning, but were not impressed at all with the food, especially when considering the price. Make your own as we did, saves $$. Staff were also friendly and very helpful, especially the housekeeping staff which worked together cleaning. Bright energetic kids, polite as well. Walls are thin, but while we were there, our building was really quiet. oh and the laundry room had large machines, worked great, a dollar for washer or dryer. tokens and detergent get thru lobby desk. property is close to everything, including a good Italian Restaurant/pizza place. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, an ideal place to experience the natural beauty Fairbanks has to offer. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,000 acre migratory waterfowl refuge, Wedgewood Resort is the perfect destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway, but the convenience of being minutes from shopping, attractions and cultural events. The resort is the perfect base to explore Fairbanks. The spacious residential-style one & two bedroom suites are thoughtfully appointed featuring a fully-equipped kitchen and separate living and dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks