“Comfortable apartment and helpful staff”
Review of Wedgewood Resort

Wedgewood Resort
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Alaskan adventure. It was nice to have an apartment with a full kitchen, dining room , living room bedroom and bath. The property was large so a long walk to the bear lodge to eat. Pricey but good food. We went to the Car museum and were blown away. ( discounted admission for guests of the resort) It was pouring rain so we didn't get to hike the nature trails. The shuttle was a nice way to get to some nice places around Fairbanks without having to rent a car. Our tour company messed up on our airport transfer , but the resort staff stepped in and got us to the airport.The shuttle driver said the resort is used for tourists in the summer and University housing in the winter. The apt was well maintained and well appointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The day we visited there was an antique car show and a wedding. The hotel desk had one person who was new and overwhelmed. She did her best but gave us incorrect information regarding the hotel shuttle. The day we checked in was equally confusing for the staff.
Rooms - clean and comfortable
Location - great walk around a small lake on the property

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent two nights at the Wedgewood Resort in Fairbanks at the end of the Princess Land Tour. The room was big, comfortable beds and included a small fridge. The resort lies next to a former dairy now wildlife refuge. Several hiking trails easily accessed. Also on site is the antique car museum. We didn't go to the museum but heard it was excellent. The resort is not "near" anything, so other restaurants near the property are minimal. But there is a restaurant on site. We ate breakfast there one morning with an excellent breakfast buffet. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. The resort has a hourly shuttle bus that travels to the UAF Museum of the North, Downtown and a number of other stops. This shuttle enabled dining downtown. There is also an airport shuttle. Free WiFi makes waiting for your flights a pleasure. An excellent property despite it's isolation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Wedgewood Resort. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and appreciated the extra space to congregate. It was nice to sit and have coffee and relax in the morning, or watch a little TV at night. One room had 1 queen bed and the larger bedroom and 2 queen beds. 1 full bath. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This resort is lovely. It's located in a decent area- however, you need a car to get anywhere (the nearest shopping center is a little over a mile by foot) and downtown is even further. They have a fabulous museum and nature trail, the front staff is friendly and the WIFI is terrific.

The thing that keeps me from giving a higher rating - service to extended stay rooms. Upon check in I was provided a list of what service would be offered and it's frequency. I'm lucky if this happens. My first day- after checking in at about 630pm - housekeeping showed up at 0730 so naturally I declined service; second day, housekeeping showed up at 0800. By the third day- which coincided with a weekday, housekeeping showed up at 1300. I've yet to get the services I was told I would get prompting me to purchase my own cleaning supplies. My trash has piled up unless I take it out myself and I just don't understand what I'm actually paying for since I'm not getting the services I expect to receive. The shower/tub has a lot of soap scum and the kitchen was dirty when I checked in.

It is now 4pm and I'm still waiting for housekeeping to return- granted, they came earlier in the day and I asked they return in 30 minutes due to one member of my party being in the shower.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in a Fabulous 2 BR suite with full kitchen and large living room, plus sliding glass doors to deck. Room too warm for Alaskans, but the bedrooms each have an air conditioner (both ran a LOT). No elevator to the third floor in this building, but 3 very nice young men toted all our stuff up for us (for 3 people for 4 nights!) . Quiet, clean, and the Antique Car Museum is on site. Very convenient driving from here to everywhere. Easy, friendly check-in.

Room Tip: I don't know if all units are walk up - If you cannot do stairs, be sure to check and get on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Bear lodge appears to be one of three hotels operated by Fountainhead hotels. The place is not near stores or cafes or anything else. But it has large, clean, comfortable rooms and Itis quiet. Buffet breakfast is $15. If you have a car, this is a nice place. Princess Cruise uses it. Wi-Fi

even with the curtains drawn tight, the ambient light in the room from outside even at midnight means you don't need a nightlight --at least at this time of the year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family