Alaskan adventure. It was nice to have an apartment with a full kitchen, dining room , living room bedroom and bath. The property was large so a long walk to the bear lodge to eat. Pricey but good food. We went to the Car museum and were blown away. ( discounted admission for guests of the resort) It was pouring rain so we didn't get to hike the nature trails. The shuttle was a nice way to get to some nice places around Fairbanks without having to rent a car. Our tour company messed up on our airport transfer , but the resort staff stepped in and got us to the airport.The shuttle driver said the resort is used for tourists in the summer and University housing in the winter. The apt was well maintained and well appointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, Wedgewood Resort is an ideal location to experience the natural beauty of Fairbanks. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,200 acre waterfowl refuge, makes Wedgewood the best destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway while they explore Fairbanks. Seemingly miles from anything, yet just minutes to shopping and attractions. Wedgewood is minutes from downtown and an easy walk to the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum located on the resort property. Spread out in an expansive residential-style one or two bedroom suite with fully-equipped kitchen or relax in a spacious guest room at Bear Lodge. Either way, you will enjoy the onsite restaurant, bar and Internet Café offering complimentary computers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks