“Hampton Inn is currently the recommended place to stay in Fairbanks for Business Travel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Staff is courteous. Breakfast is middle of the road OK. Rooms are quiet, great work area, decent internet. HDTV. Bathroom is large. Had both a refrigerator and microwave in my room.

Try to get a room not along the expressway as it can be noisy from the trucks until about 10PM if your windows are open.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesTraveler
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Convenient location. Free hot breakfast. Free cookies in the afternoon. Free wifi. Nice clean rooms. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tippi_K
Reviewed 16 February 2011

No surprises here good or bad. This was a very well cared for and up to date Hampton Inn. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelin_Man069
Reviewed 5 February 2011

This was a typical Hampton Inn, which I've always had a good experience with. The room are pretty big, new and clean. It was quiet even though we were close to a second floor balcony overlooking the lobby. Hampton Inn breakfast is always good - hot foods, pastries, breads, cereal, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennie0824
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I booked this hotel using Hilton points. When I first checked the rate it was $99/nt, then it was increased to $139/nt. I figured I might as well use points since that's what they are there for.

The hotel appears to be new. I found it to be clean, comfortable, and perfectly adequate in almost every way. It is certainly not a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination but that is not what Hampton Inn is meant to be so if you stay at a Hampton Inn you already know that. Details are as follows:

1. Friendly and helpful staff
2. Clean, nicely designed rooms and common areas
3. Decent complimentary breakfast
4. My friend said the Internet is a little bit slow but I wouldn't have noticed it till he mentioned it. Yes, it did seem a little slow but otherwise it worked OK.
5. Bed was comfortable

My only complaint is that the heat/AC was a little bit difficult to figure out. I had trouble keeping the room at a constant temperature. Of course, when it is -25 degrees that could be part of the problem. Also, the fan setting turns off when desired temperature is reached and the cessation of the white noise wakes me up so I didn't like that. I don't think it is possible to set the fan to run constantly, regardless of temperature setting. Personal gripe, but did require me to use earplugs.

24 hour McDonald's is adjacent to the hotel. Friend said hot tub was good but I didn't use it (but I trust his judgment). Every staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful. Thumbs up on this property.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Texan1010
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Staying at this hotel was a great experience. We needed a night in Fairbanks after some time at Chena Hot Springs because we needed to get to the train station in Fairbanks early the next morning. It was a great choice, and we'd stay there instead of Chena Hot Springs and just make the day trip out to the hot springs because the Hampton Inn was so nice.

The room was plenty large, although I admit it was a little crowded with a writing table, a TV stand, a stand with a mini fridge and a microwave, and a coffee table-like table in there with the beds and a chair. It was clean and everything worked very well. We were very happy with the amenities in the room.

The staff was quite helpful. We returned our rental car to the airport and the staff was very helpful in picking us up in their free shuttle. The shuttle is pretty much scheduled on demand. They also took us to the train station in the morning. The driver was awesome — he had the car warmed up, got our bags from our room, and then hauled hem inside the train station for us.

We were also appreciative of the breakfast and were very happy with how it started at 6:00 a.m., even on a Sunday (some hotels start their breakfast later on the weekend, which isn't so helpful). The breakfast has quite a variety of options, and the only complaints were that there were no caffeine-free teas and that the fruit isn't fresh, but from a can.

We would highly recommend the hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2010

This hotel is quite new and the fixtures and fittings are very well done. You are no real distance from the airport, or for that matter, the train station but it is on the main road through Fairbanks and every night, all night, the trucks run through. This is probably not a problem if you are at the back of the hotel, but we weren't! The rooms are very big and very well appointed with a small kitchenette and a super king size bed. The breakfast is very good and you can help yourself to anything you want which includes eggs, waffles, muffins, bacon etc. I would recommend it as a hotel but do ask for a rear room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple