“The best valued hotel I've ever stayed at”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Toronto
“The best valued hotel I've ever stayed at”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in my fair share of 4 and 5 star hotels. This hotel was booked on a whim when we prematurely checked out of Chena Hot Springs Resort. I couldn't ask for a better hotel experience. The rate was half of what we were spending at Chena and the value was far, far superior. Complimentary breakfast, toiletries, satellite tv. They even had a note that they wash the duvets, which having worked in the hospitality field know that clean duvets are a rarity. Hotels typically only wash the sheets and pillow cases. I cannot praise this hotel enough. In fact, this was such a great experience I will look to the Hampton chain next time I need a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LoopsToronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
orlando, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Staff are awesome. The front desk desk folk are very helpful. everything was in excellent service. Just have to deal with the noisy native when they was there. Aasdfiuasdfajsbdvchab8yewfhrjasbdncuiahsduicbasdbfoiuasdbiouasbdhjasbduifcbasdjifbcaiusdf

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed in the Hampton Inn for a few nights while traveling around Fairbanks. While the hotel is located near the edge of downtown Fairbanks, it's quite close to many restaurants and shops, and freeway can be very easily accessed. The interior is pretty much you'll expect from a Hampton. One thing I never thought I'll expect is the quality of the service we received. The staff repeatedly acknowledged our requests (roll-away bed, extra towel, replacing broken hairdryer) and never once actually fulfilled them. We brought up these issue at checkout, and was promptly informed by the general manager that we should take our issues to Expedia, since we booked the hotel through Expedia.
I would definitely still stay in Hilton properties in the future, but I would avoid the Hampton Inn at Fairbanks like plague.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim L
casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn & Suites - Fairbanks, AK. I appreciate the time you took to let us know how you felt about your stay. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. According to the review you wrote you stayed with us in February of 2013. While that is a long time ago, and I can't remember a specific incident from that long ago, I would like to think that if you talked to me, I would have taken care of your service issues. There are some things we can't control with Expedia reservations, such as changing and cancelling the reservations, or refunding money for a pre-paid reservation, but once you arrive at the hotel, you should receive the highest level of service. You would not be told to contact Expeida about a service issue. That is something we take care of at the property. I am sorry about any misunderstanding and any inconvenience this caused. Thank you again for your feedback.
Delta Junction, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a clean and comfortable hotel. The breakfast bar surprised me with fresh cut fruit salad and omlets. I've already recommended this facility to others. Very friendly staff. I normally stay at Choice Hotels (Comfort Suite or Comfort Inn) when traveling on business, but this stay converted me from the standard experience. Good Choice!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

anchorage, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The service cannot be beat but the detergents are cheap so if you have sensitive skin then bring your own towels. And sheets. The staff goes above and beyond, is super friendly and goes out of their way even just to say hello.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

casthompson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property. While I love the fact that you were treated well by our staff and your experience with them was great, I am very concerned about the fact that you had issues with the comfort of the bedding and the detergents used to clean the bedding. This is the first comment of this kind that we have received and I am doing everything I can to make sure that our systems are operating correctly.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Fairbanks.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here during our trip around America. Our room and bathroom was lovely and clean, the internet always worked! The staff were always really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was your usual Hampton fayre served in a clean environment. Hot coffee and chocolate available throughout the day. The hotel is located next to a McDonalds and across the street from a shopping mall that includes walmart and an outdoor store. Ask for a room at the front of the hotel so you don't overlook the highway. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, AK, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Excellent hotel located in the greater Fairbanks, AK area. Hotel is very conviently located near the Fairbanks International Airport with easy access to shopping and restraunts. The establishment is very clean with very comfortable rooms and the hotel staff was genuinely courteous and professional in appearance and attitude. A hotel well worth the value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business