“Business Trip- Hampton Inn- Fairbanks”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I forgot her name but the woman serving/making breakfast during the week was the one of the nicest persons I have ever met and the food/coffee was GREAT! Please tell her we say thanks!!!! We also visited the North Pole Santa Gift Shop and when we told Santa where we were staying he immediately said, "How about that breakfast? They have a great breakfast there, huh?" Service was great and best bang for the buck!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is very convenient to downtown, as well as to a Fred Meyer, where you can stock up the small refrigerator in your room. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet on the lake side. The hot breakfast items were different each of our three mornings and quite good. I think this would truly be a great place to stay if they offered a wider variety of other breakfast items such as jam (only strawberry, and grape jelly) and baked goods. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I always leave a tip for the breakfast staff (in addition to the room) and was surprised to be recognized and thanked by the staff member later in the day. It made me wonder if this was rare. So fellow travelers, please think about what the staff probably earns, in relation to what your room costs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank biondabear
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Obviously, the property is not a luxury property; however, I found it to meet our needs quite well.

It was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was very tasty. I was surprised by the quality of the omelets. I have had many made to order omelets that weren't as good.

I will use this hotel again and would certainly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel a lot and usually stay at the Marriot, Embassy Suites or Hilton. Fairbanks AK has none of those so I chose a Hilton property, the Hampton Inn. To my surprise it is the cleanest room I have had in years. The room and bathroom is very nice, the entire staff is friendly and professional. I am now 3 weeks into a 5 week stay and so far, not disappointed in any way. Great place, good value, good location.

Room Tip: Double bed rooms are bit longer than the single bed room I have.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our entire experience was wonderful. The Staff, the Room, the Breakfast experience, everything. Thank you so much for making our very first Alaska Adventure even better. We used the Hotel as a home base to see the sights and some of the wilderness. It was Great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good Hotel for business or pleasure. Staff was efficient, helpful, and friendly. Very knowledgable of local area and recommendations were "spot on". The quality of their assistance did not matter if the person was a first time user or high level loyality brand member. The facilities that I utilized were fairly new and worked as advertised. Everything was clean and smelled fresh. Cleaning staff were friendly, efficient, and responded quickly to any requests. The only recommendation I would have for travelers to this area in spring and summer timeframe is to bring a 'blackout mask". Wear it when trying to sleep. While the hotel curtains were adequate to block most sunlight out, some came through, and being an early riser when its light my body tells me to be up and going.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had such a great stay at the Hampton Inn in Fairbanks. The staff were great, from front desk to housekeeping! My room was awesome! Very clean, and spacious - I did have an issue with the sink, but it was fixed very quickly! Ask for a room facing away from the highway - I was able to watch the northern lights from the warmth of my room! :) Great location, right across the street from a a shopping center that includes a Walmart and etc. Breakfast was great each morning, your standard Hampton Inn breakfast - and there's coffe and hot cocoa out 24hrs, definitely nice if you're out in the cold all day! I will definitely be reutrning to the Hampton Inn in Fairbanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway ! You may be able to see northern lights !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo