“Renew image for Best Western”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
“Renew image for Best Western”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

It's refreshing to see a clean new BW hotel, friendly staffs. Great value.
Breakfast area is fresh looking and supply good coffee creamer, also choices of chocolate wafer or plain.
Free taxi service to airport at anytime of the date.

A great combination of value and Confort.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chi K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Delta Junction, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We frequently stay in this hotel while in town. Our stays are always quiet and pleasant. On a recent stay we somehow forgot our camera in the room after checkout and didn't realize it until two days later when the hotel called us and asked us if we'd forgotten something. Thankfully the hotel had found our camera and held it safely for us until we were able to return to Fairbanks the following week and pick it up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert W
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was looking for a place to stay that charged a reasonable price and had all the features that i wanted: wifi, convenient to the airport and city, and free breakfast.
This hotel is it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The place is clean. There was adequate parking space.
Would return again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ken_O59
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We were one business, we caught them on a night that rooms were available. Winter time not enough plugs or parking space only big down fall. Room was comfortable with the exception of the fan which sounded like a piece of something was caught in the fan. Other than that warm and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Rachel C
Delta Junction, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

When I walk into a hotel at 2 am and with -30 temps outside I am expecting a nice warm room. This DID NOT happen unfortunately.While I don't think the receptionist is totally responsible for the fact that the room was at 60 degrees and the heater system was blowing out COLD air, I still think that room should have been checked prior to our arrival. My daughter and I were kept up waiting for a warm room and did not get one until about 3.30am and did not get to bed until 4 am. You want an honest opinion this is it. I have experienced cold rooms at the BW off and on, usually my husband is able to fix the problem but this time I was on my own. Night shift staff came in to adjust, finally went to another room which was at 32 degrees! Night shift person was frazzled but kept her composure and finally found a room on the second floor which was warm. We were given a $15 discount for all our troubles. In my opinion, we should have been given a FREE NIGHT. That would make me want to come back. Mary the night shift receptionist did go out of her way to help us. Towards the end when she kept finding rooms that were colder than the one we originally had, she seemed very frazzled. I thought she was going to burst into tears. You might want to consider a more experienced person for the night shift, possibly a man, especially when mechanical issues arise. The young woman who printed out my bill - she is pregnant - did not get her name, actually gave me a bill which showed not discount on it. I had to point this out to her and she printed out another bill. Not very professional. Additionally, the remote was out of batteries. A minor thing, but after all the other stuff that happened it was annoying. Final observation: You need to check your rooms before somebody arrives, all this fracas could have been avoided with a simple pre check of the heating system, especially in the winter. Your heating system has given my husband and I problems in the past. Room 103, 106 did not work, cold air blowing out of the vent when it's cold outside is NO FUN! You can do a better Best Western!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank GRIBUONGIORNE
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was very impressed with the service, ambience and overall experience of our stay at this lodge. The rates were very reasonable, the rooms very nice and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was included and included eggs, waffle, cereal fruit and drinks. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Immediately upon entering this hotel I can say that this is the kind of atmosphere most people would be comfortable with. I entered the hotel in order to cancel my reservation an hour before I was supposed to check in. I was treated with nothing short of absolute professionalism and courtesy. The staff was eager to help come to a resolution and they truly exceeded my expectations. If you are familiar with Fairbanks then you know that professionalism in customer service is very hard to come by, but I can tell you that it definitely exists and if you want to experience it go to this hotel and talk to the staff. I am very pleased with the outcome and if ever I needed another hotel in Fairbanks this would hands down be my first choice. Absolute professionals!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family