Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to the airportwafflesfred meyerthe breakfast areaconvenient locationplug inschena riverfront desk stafffree breakfastgreat place to staybeds were very comfortablenice roomclean hotelup to daterooms are largestaff was very friendly and helpfulthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My mom and I stayed here while I was in Fairbanks visiting for the weekend. We had a great time; we loved it! Many thanks, we will stay again! The hotel is convenient to the airport and to my families!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ChenaRivergm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

I am happy to hear you enjoyed yours stay with us. It's always a good sign when people say they will be back. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon. The rooms were very nice and clean. The breakfast served every morning consisted of cereal, omelettes, or waffles. Good food. Good location. We often walked across the street to Fred Meyer or CJ's or Taco Bell. Good value for the money- I highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaB32214

I am happy that you chose our facility for such a special occasion as your honeymoon and that we were able to meet all your needs. I like getting feedback about our breakfast; we definitely take pride in the quality and assortment of choices. I hope you will stay with us if you come back to Fairbanks.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very friendly staff, extremely helpful and excellent service. This impressed us within minutes of the check in. Free taxi service between airport and tour company etc. Also provided a wakeup call for the northern lights, which put on a spectacular display right outside the hotel. The rooms were large, spacious, very well appointed with large comfortable beds and good linen. We found it a little isolated position wise, but it was opposite the Fred Meyer complex so we could access food etc from there and a Brewster's Restaurant also within walking distance. Otherwise it was a drive, or taxi for us to anywhere else. The complimentary buffet breakfast was varied, American style, but very adequate my only criticism was that it finishes early at 9.00am. So no sleep ins, which we needed after getting up for hours every night to watch for the northern lights.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms facing the front are nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

That's great you got to see the Northern Lights while you were here! We know how important it is for our guests to view the Northern Lights, which is why we go out of our way to ensure you get the opportunity. I apologize that you were not able to sleep in due to our breakfast hours. If we are aware, we do try to accommodate our Northern Light's viewers by offering select breakfast items past nine. I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've stayed here many times and have had all pretty good experiences. It's very clean, breakfast is good. Only had one small issue with noise. It's close to the airport, and some shopping. A taxi cab is very cheap to get around. Nice to have a sandwich shop/coffee stand next door as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for making us your top hotel choice when you come to Fairbanks. As a manager, I am happy to hear we have always delivered consistent, quality service. I am sorry about the issue with noise; we are always happy to move our guests if they have any problems with their room. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location, not too far from the airport and close to the supermarket. The staffs are very nice. They go all the way to help the tourists. Hotel room is clean, nice, and quiet. Breakfast is very delicious. The transportation to and from the airport is free.

1  Thank YY C

Thank you for the positive feedback. We definitely take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. I hope you will choose our facility for future visits.