My fiance flew up to Fairbanks for two weeks and rather than share cramped quarters with my roomate we lodged at the BW Chena River. While the initial intent was to stay at another B&B in Fairbanks, that fell through as the owner had to leave town on some emergency and could not come through with a room.
The folks at the BW worked to get us a room for the entire two weeks at a very good rate on short order in the middle of a huge crunch on their rooms for a variety of meetings in town. They were helpful, attendant to the room despite our captive-audience status, and I'll have to admit we more than helped ourselves to the continental breakfast to stock up the room for a little light lunch as well.
The rooms were spacious and for the most part, quiet (a few nights we had loud neighbors), but the folks at the front desk were pretty good about keeping our adjoining rooms empty when they could. The fridge was cold, the room was warm (as it should have been), and the free internet worked flawlessly.
The only concern was many of the rooms (including ours) has not tub, which is not a big deal on any given night, but when you're there for a few weeks your gal might want to soak in splendor. I understand some rooms DO have tubs, but they were occupied most of the time and we likewise had what amounted to a "long term rate" on a regular room.
The only other issue was that our shower water was often not warm enough, but we eventually figured out it was an issue w/ the fixture vs. the water flow in the hotel, and we reported it to the desk and they were going to take care of it (unfortunately we figured that all out just before we left.)
Anyway, the BW is the BEST option in Fairbanks, bar none. The other "tour" hotels are WAY, WAY overpriced, plus you have to deal w/ throngs of gawking tourists wandering the halls at all hours. The other more conventional hotels are similarly overpriced, but are generally run down or smoke pits.
The BW folks were top notch, and I'd recommend the place immediately, to anyone (that doesn't smoke). As for short versus long term stays, work with the BW folks and see what you can get for a rate. While there's a more conventional long-term Extended Stay facility right across the road, it's notoriously dumpy, generally loud, and for the most part is a glorified hostel for top-dollar. Go with the BW and you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Alaska hotel offers friendly service and modern accommodations all within minutes of the airport and bustling downtown Fairbanks. Feel right at home at this recently opened Fairbanks, Alaska hotel with modern furnishings and generous amenities. The sizeable, tidy and smoke-free rooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge offer high-speed Internet access, a refrigerator, a desk, cable satellite television and a coffeemaker. Each morning, hotel guests can get a start to their day with a complimentary full continental breakfast.This Fairbanks hotel's business center allows business travelers to stay productive. This Alaska lodge also offers meeting spaces accommodating up to 15 people. Unwind after a long day of sightseeing or out-of-town work in the fitness center at this Fairbanks hotel.Vacationers can enjoy convenient freeway access, allowing for quick and easy visits to nearby local attractions - such as the Museum of the North, Alaska at 40 below, the El Dorado Gold Mine and the Ice Museum - most of which are only five minutes away. Families vacationing at this Fairbanks, AK hotel will be delighted to spend the day taking a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery or playing at Pioneer Park, Alaska's largest amusement park. This Fairbanks, AK hotel is the closest hotel to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, making this the perfect location for visiting parents, students and staff to stay. Guests can rest assured, as a hospital is only five minutes away. The Fairbanks International Airport is also only a couple miles away from this Alaska hotel.For an affordable stay at an exceptional hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, reserve a stay online at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chena River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chena River Hotel Fairbanks
- Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge Fairbanks, Alaska