“Like a Beautiful Dream!!!”
Review of Paws for Adventure

Paws for Adventure
Ranked #12 of 51 Tours in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering only the best in dogsledding adventure since 1998... Summer and Winter tours available. Join the Paws crew for your Experience-of-a-Lifetime! In Summer take a Kennel Tour & Cart Ride with Chase of Tukaway Sled Dog Kennel. You may book this tour on our Paws for Adventure website. In Winter choose from a variety of tours with our professional mushers and their canine athletes: Short and Long Dogsled Rides, Mushing School and Multi-Day Adventures to Tolovana Roadhouse and other remote parts of Alaska - check this year's schedule for our latest offerings.
Warrensburg, Illinois, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Like a Beautiful Dream!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

There are several places where you can schedule a dog sled ride in this area..... I strongly suggest you try this one first! We were directed here by Taste of Alaska Lodge owner/operator Kory. Sooooo very thankful!!! We were treated to a one hour ride through some of the most breath taking scenery! Kevin, the musher who took us out, was the best. He had perfect control at all times.... stopped a few times to get pictures of my husband and me with the dogs and sled... and even let me ride along with him on the back of the sled. Kevin's dog, Adam... was one of the lead dogs. He was a riot!!! Each time the sled stopped he would dive head first into the snow bamk to cool off... see picture!!

Visited March 2014
PawsforAdventure, Owner at Paws for Adventure, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am very sorry I missed you guys! Kevin and his entertaining leader 'Adams' will be back again this year to share more Paws fun. Let us know when you're next visit with us and Kory at A Taste of Alaska Lodge will be. Happy Trails!

California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great experience, highly recommend!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The three of us had a great time in mushing school. Leslie and her assistant were super nice/enthusiastic. The dogs were great too, seems like they just can't wait to take off. After a short training session, we helped hook up the dogs, and went out on our own sleds w/dog team. Leslie was always there to help if you lost control/capsized and get you back on track. Great fun, plus you learn a little too!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Larry192
Pittsburgh
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,315 helpful votes
“Lot of Fun and Educational”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I took a one hour ride which was just right for us. The musher was very informative as he told us a lot about the dogs and dog mushing as we rode. They made sure that you're warm enough by providing supplemental clothing, as needed. Everything was first rate. Highly recommended.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome experience with the dogs! A little quick though”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My trip to Paws was great! Upon arrival, Leslie made sure I had enough warm clothing by loading me up with a parka, bib, face mask, and better-rated boots. I didn't realize how extra cold the ride would be with all the wind, but the clothes definitely did their job! Leslie herself drove my 1-hour sled ride, and I loved hearing her tell her story! I did have to initiate almost all of the questions though, so have some questions ready because her answers are definitely worth sticking your face into the cold to ask!

There was a massive tour group right after me, so I did feel a little bit rushed. To be fair, Leslie invited me to stay in the kennel for as long as I wanted, but no one was really there to talk to me about the dogs. It just felt a little less personal than I expected, but it was still a great experience! Thanks Leslie!

Orlando, FL
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“SO Much Fun!!!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had an awesome time here! Leslie and her assistant were both super friendly, and clearly are doing this becasue they love it! they have lots of super warm clothing in case you show up in something not quite up to par. Such a great way to experience Alaska! Thank You both!!!

Visited February 2014

Been to Paws for Adventure? Share your experiences!