“wonderful trip with this really late review :P”

Alaskan Arctic Turtle Tours
Ranked #45 of 63 Tours in Fairbanks
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Have to say that this tour to the arctic circle is one of the highlights of my ten days trip. And i have introduce all my friend who go to alaska to book this tour. he is so nice and funny. all of us are having fun and the sunset r so beautiful. I am having this trip last spring break but i m so busy with my schoolwork that i forgot to review it. now finally i remember to do this. wish it is not too late. i have introduced ur tour again! they might go to alaska in winter vacation. thank u for the good time! and apologize again for the late review.
---------dream L : )

in 3 reviews
"alaska"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 19 July 2013

As a child I always wanted to go to the Arctic Ocean, and I decided my 50th birthday present to myself was to make that dream come true. In June 2013 Jim of Alaskan Arctic Turtle Tours took us to Deadhorse. So my dream of walking in the Arctic Ocean came true, but Jim provided so much more-what a fantastic 2 days he gave us!!! From the first phone conversation in February I knew I was going to book my trip with Jim, and he didn't let me down! We had amazing views of the Yukon River, the pipeline, the breathtaking Brooks Range, and my son loved the Dalton Highway (yes, he has watched Ice Road Truckers). Jim took time to answer questions, stop for wildlife, stop whenever I wanted a picture of something, and even helped narrate a video I was making for my 5th grade classroom.
Since Jim worked on the Dalton Highway & pipeline he shared a lot of information of those things and the area in general. My 12 year old son loved listening to him and learned so much!
Jim was in contact with me several times as he made room reservations for us-getting the best deal possible. Even on the 2 day trip the meals were part of the tour package, and we loved the picnics on the Dalton Highway and the buffets at Deadhorse Camp. If you are wanting to go to the Arctic Circle or the Arctic Ocean, book your trip with Jim of Alaskan Arctic Turtle Tours. You won't be disappointed!

3  Thank Kris S
Reviewed 12 May 2013

In the month of April, 2013, we did a tour of Alaska from Anchorage up to Fairbanks and down to Portage. In Fairbanks we booked a day trip to the Arctic Circle with Jim of Alaskan Arctic Turtle Tours. What a fun day that was!! Due to recent snow the roads were a little comprised for the van so we took his heavy duty truck. The trip up was awesome with Jim giving us so much info about the area. What a treat to pass some real live "Iceroad Truckers" going and coming. The day was a sunshiny day tho very cold but the snow just glistened!! We had a tailgate party at the Arctic Circle with lunch included in the tour price before starting back. Amazing view of the frozen Yukon River, the pipeline and of course the awesome mountains. (And oh, your haven't experienced Alaska till you use the 'outhouses" along the way!!) We liked him and trusted him so much we booked the Northern Lights tour the next evening. He picked us up about 5:30pm and we drove up into the White Mountains with the sun shining and the snow glistening! I thought the Arctic Circle trip was so beautiful, yet this trip was absolutely spectacular!! We had never seen such beauty!! We were almost to the summit when the snow drifts started covering the road. Being such an experienced Alaskan guide and driver, he carefully turned the vehicle around and we started back down, stopping to await the lights. That particular night, the northern lights appeared but didn't dance very much, but a terrific evening. With Jim's knowledge of Alaska and a great personality, we felt like we more than got our money's worth. He's easy to get to know and you feel safe with him behind the wheel. He also recommended a great restaurant for prime rib. It was awesome!! So we, the Fabulous Five (all in our 60's) highly recommend Jim with Alaska Arctic Circle Turtle Tours!!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We were desperately trying to book an arctic circle tour before we heading for Alaska last week since all the other companies were full. One lady recommended Jim from the Turtle Tour for us, and it turned out to be a gorgeous day traveling with Jim. We were put together with another 6-people group and since all of us are interested in the northern lights, Jim shifted the original 6:30am to 1:30pm for us, hoping to show us the great aurora on our way back. While driving along the great DAlton highway to the arctic circle, he was very patient to answer each of our questions about the wild Alaska and the pipeline. He's really knowledgable about the wild life and is good at finding them out from the bushes for us. Every time before arriving at each scenic view, he first showed us some pictures from his 'treasure box' and then asked us to identify them by ourselves. It is great fun! We have many stops especially on our way back for the sunset and northern lights. The greatest surprise occurred when he showed us the dancing northern lights--FIREWORKS!!! It was beautiful and romantic:) Thanks Jim for the awesome day!

3  Thank Qian S
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We booked an Arctic Circle Tour with Jim. We requested a private tour with the 3 of us that were vacationing in Fairbanks. Jim arrived on time at 6:15 am and had a very capable Ford Super Crew that was a perfect vehicle for the Dalton Highway. He is a very knowledgeable person that has lived and worked in Alaska for 39 years. He worked on the Dalton Highway when it was built for the Alaskan Pipeline. He took the time to stop when we wanted pictures and to view wildlife that we saw. The scenery was beautiful. He was able to answer the questions that we had and was able to relate interesting facts to our 11 year old granddaughter. He provided a lunch at the Arctic Circle and showed us how to feed the jays that would land on our fingers. I would highly recommend Alaskan Arctic Turtle Tours as we had a wonderful time and Jim was a terrific tour guide.

1  Thank S_PH574