“This is not a hotel, but rather a B&B”
Review of Abbey Archway Inn

Abbey Archway Inn
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My sister made reservations for we 3 adults and 2 dogs for a 2-night mid-week stay in Fairbanks. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and was skeptical, but went along with the plan. My sister was keen on staying where the dogs would be permitted. The "suite" we had was one bedroom, one bath, a full kitchen and table and a desk, sofa (mades into a bed) and a Murphy bed in "living room." Furnishings were rather worn and fixtures in bath and kitchen were 1970s versions. Cleanliness was acceptable. The suite was above a large garage which seemed to be the hub of a general construction business. Lots of trucks in and out and machines and noise. No AC. There were 2 flat screen TVs with satellite, phone, Wi-Fi. Breakfast was next door at the 7 Gables Inn, where the dining room above the garage had seating for 24. The breakfast was a buffet which included the usual beverages, cold cereal, yogurt, cut fruit and some home-made muffins and quiche. As long as you are not expecting a hotel and its amenities (AC, elevator, valet) it is OK. Not swell, but OK.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MemphisWanderlust

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I do not recommend anyone stay here! Windows open into halls no elevators.
Had to carry luggage up 3 flights of stairs and my reservations said "cottage" this is no cottage! Got our money back and left

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank cj i
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The 7 gables inn showed my family and I to their other hotel a little ways from there to the Abby Archway inn. The place was terrible. The place was still working on the stairwell to the third floor. The number on our door was written in magic marker. The workers were holding their work belongings in the number 8 room. The sheets had cigarette burns and mutable holes,also blood stains on the sheets which looked like they got a garage sale. My father called it a crack house and he was correct on that. When I booked here I thought I would have nice little stay but I was wrong. I should of never of booked there and please don't stay there.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE! Book at the Holiday Inn