I've stayed here a few times. The things I like:
Big room with mini kitchen setup, work area and flat screen tv. Ask for overlookiing the river.
Breakfast - standard hotel fare - waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, etc - great when you are off to an early meeting
Location - downtown so you can walk to a few shops, the park by the river, restaurants
The onsite restaurant - best in Fairbanks - Lavelles. Wow wine list, great food and atmosphere
The service - tho they are usually pretty busy and sometimes harried, they are always friendly and respond to your good attitude with their own
The airport shuttle - they sent a cab and paid for it when they didn't have a shuttle available.
Parking - odd set up but usually available
Not inundated by tour buses - love tourists but the 4am bus wakeup call is a bit much sometimes when you're business bound.
All in all - its one of my favorite spots to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks, an all-suite hotel in downtown Fairbanks, Alaska located next to the Chena River. Our accommodations feature separate areas for sleeping, eating and working, and they provide guests with a microwave, mini-fridge, desk and pull-out sofa bed. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast buffet and airport shuttle, as well as pool, whirlpool, exercise room and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fairbanks Hotel Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites By Marriott Fairbanks Alaska