SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks
US$280
US$252
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$173
US$172
US$159
US$260
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$210
La Quinta
Sophie Station Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$204
Sophie Station
US$140
Hotwire.com
All reviewslavelle's bistrochena riverdowntown locationfree breakfastsuite hotelvisitor centeryukon questtrain stationoatmealrooms are spaciouswithin walking distanceworkout roomcoffee makerother hotelsfree shuttle servicemini fridgefront desk staff
Reviewed 4 March 2008

Going with the reviews on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed with Springhill Suites. Rooms, breakfast and service was typical for this sort of hotel. The hotel is centrally located, and on the river which makes for nice strolls. There is limited parking near the main entrance. Fairbanks itself is just OK.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 9 February 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of May. We selected this place based on Trip Advisor comments. We were not disappointed. It met our needs perfectly. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was quite large, clean and well maintained. We were very pleased. We found the people in this area to be very friendly and we enjoyed our Alaska auto trip at this location. This hotel is across the street from the Visitor's Center. The only negative is the parking which we were aware of from reading reviews on Trip Advisor. The parking is not adequate and the spots near the hotel fill up quickly. We lucked out the first night and got one nearby. However, the second night we had to go to the overflow lot which did not make us too comfortable. If that was full, we would have needed to park down the street in a garage. I believe we would have been reimbursed the for garage parking fee if we needed to go there. We were 2 women traveling alone and this hotel is in the city and caution is advised. We had no problems but during the busy season the parking could be a real issue. Other then the parking, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 19 December 2007

I have stayed at a different hotel in Fairbanks on my last ten visits, and this time I decided to splurge and stay downtown at the Springhill Suites for $97. Was I ever delighted to find such a fabulous accommodation in Fairbanks. Everything was clean and neat, with nice employees, and free wireless internet.

The rooms are all suites with a kitcenette including a bar sink, fridge and microwave. Next to this is a work desk and then a reading chair with foot stool, couch, and TV. The bedroom is by the window with another TV and the bathroom has a separate sink and vanity from the toilet and bathtub. My room overlooked the Chena River and was incredibly spacious.

The daily breakfast had the normal selection of cereal and old fruit, along with bagels, english muffins, pastries, coffee, tea, and juices. The morning treat was eggs and sausage patty, perfect to fit on an english muffin with cheese. This was a wonderful way to start the day, although it would have been nice after a few days to change the hot entree. Maybe they do, but I was there for three mornings and it was always the same.

My favorite restaurant in Fairbanks is in the hotel, Lavelle's Bistro with fabulous food and wine. For the first time I had something there I did not like, the meatloaf made of 25 different ingredients. I think I will stick to maybe 4 or 5 ingredients.

A major drawback for the hotel is the lack of parking, especially when the weather is well below zero and you need to start your car in the morning. I found myself coming back early in the evenings just to get a close spot if the VERY small lot was full. Another detail I did not like was some sort of small air register by the ceiling in the bedroom that blew air all day and made extra noise I did not like. I think it turns off at night since it was off when I woke up in the mornings, but still blowing when I went to sleep.

I would definitely stay here again in the off-season, although I am sure it is too expensive during the tourist rush in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank AK_biz_traveler
Reviewed 29 October 2007

This hotel was clean and well kept up, and was in a convenient downtown location. Our room had all the amenities including high speed internet, but was a little cramped. My biggest problem was the inability to open a window for fresh air, and had to leave the air conditioner running all night.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lesbriggs
Reviewed 10 October 2007

This is my first experience with the Marriott’s Springhill Suites brand, although I often stay at other flavors of Marriott, since I especially like their total non-smoking policy. This one had the added benefit of being very close to where I needed to go.

This was a very pleasant stay. The check-in staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure I had what I needed (I had forgotten some personal items in the rush to get packed and out of town) and parking was adequate for this time of year (although I do think in the busier summer season it might fall short). There was always candy and fruit on the check-in desk. The staff was always friendly and polite.

The room was quite nice –clean, comfortable, and nicely laid out to make a long stay a little bit easier to take. I appreciated the chair with ottoman with the floor lamp, which was a great place to read. I liked having the mini kitchen, although I didn’t use it much (soda in the fridge, since the vending machine prices were too high). I didn’t use the internet access but the TV had more than enough channels and the pay per view had both recently released popular films (the latest Harry Potter) with a mixture of art house films.

The public areas were clean and comfortable (love the fireplace!). And the complimentary breakfast was all you could ask for: hot and cold cereal, yogurt, make it yourself waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, danish and make it yourself egg mcmuffins. I didn’t try the pool or the exercise room.

All in all, a very positive experience. I’ll go back, and try other Springhill Suites when I travel.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business