SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alaska Motor Inn(Fairbanks)
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)
View Hotel
All reviewslavelle's bistrochena riverdowntown locationfree breakfastsuite hotelvisitor centeryukon questtrain stationoatmealrooms are spaciouswithin walking distanceworkout roomcoffee makerother hotelsfree shuttle servicemini fridgefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We had 2 seperate nights here and enjoyed our visits. The front of house staff were excellent. So friendly and helpful.the breakfast was ample as you could help yourself with a good selection. The hotel was warm but not too warm. Location was excellent right in town and not too far to walk in the snow. They shuttled us to the university museum and picked us up when we had finished. This is good service. Thanks ladies it was great meeting you.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I've stayed at Pikes, the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn and this SpringHill Suites and can easily that the SpringHill is the best in Fairbanks. Located in the heart of downtown Fairbanks and attached to an award winning restaurant, Lavelle's, this relatively new hotel has all the amenities to make your stay in enjoyable. A nice free breakfast buffet, a small but modern gym and indoor pool and spacious rooms with refrigerator and microwave. My only complaint is their "business center" is only one computer and printer in the lobby. But that aside the staff is friendly and helpful and I greatly enjoyed my stay. Another worry during busy summer months is parking is at a premium, but they do have overflow lot across the street.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bosox61
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed here six nights. It was a good location and staff were helpful in finding locations to visit. The last night I stayed they were beginning model and update. The beds were comfortable and room quiet and useful. I had a roommate and the suite portion was my dressing/luggage area.
I usually have yoghurt for breakfast so I was pleased.

Room Tip: My room was on the street side but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank home-California
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable, with its own bathroom with hot water. They have an LCD TV, though there aren't many channels available. Breakfast is good enough and they offer complimentary cookies and candies by the front desk (I snatched a couple red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips!). I wish the refrigerator had a freezer compartment, we had some frozen food and it went bad, and AC outlets closer to the night stand, but in general, we had a very nice stay.

And very important, ask them to give you a wake up call if you want to see the northern lights!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MauricioGago
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is good enough-clean, quiet, comfy bed. The rooms and the hallways look like they were recently updated however, the look of the rooms (color, decor) is a bit off-just not my taste. There is a kitchenette in the room with a small fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker. The water pressure in the shower was fine but I found the counter space in the bathroom area a little small. The desk/work area in the room is uncomplicated and has a good chair. The only other hotel I have stayed at in Fairbanks is the Princess Lodge and the rooms here are much better.

The lobby was being remodeled when I stayed at the hotel it was very congested and loud. I found the staff working the front desk to be very nice and efficient. I agree with other reviewers that there does seem to be a shortage of parking spaces so get back to the hotel early if you want a space to park.

The restaurant in the hotel is very good and was busy both of the nights I dined there. The menu offers several choices like salads, flatbreads, chicken, pork chops, salmon, pasta, etc.with prices ranging from $15-$32. I had the grilled shrimp spinach salad with fresh mozzarella, bacon, tomatoes and almonds for $18 dollars and it was a generous portion and very good. The service in the restaurant was exceptional.

The included breakfast is the standard eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, bagels, toast, ceral, etc. It was fine.

The free Wi-fi was easy to use-no passwords, tricks or magic potions to connect.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business