“Worth every penny!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Excellent service, super bright and clean room, with comfortable beds, sofa and chair. Convenient location in Fairbanks downtown. Great selections for breakfast, hot waffles and oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hams and sausages, yogurt, milk, coffee, croissant, muffin etc.

Room Tip: last minute deal!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I booked a room here for one night after arriving into Fairbanks Airport late at night. We had a long wait for the hotel shuttle van and after several calls to the hotel we were surprised to find that the hotel had bumped us to a Princess Hotel near the airport. The Spring Hill Suites is located right at the end of the Iditarod and they gave our room to others involved in the race. Compensation included refunding my Marriott rewards points and a certificate for a one night stay at any Spring Hill Suites Hotel. The Princess hotel worked out fine and on our last night in Fairbanks we were able to stay at the Spring Hill Suites Hotel Fairbanks using the free night certificate. The room was clean and spacious and had nice modern décor. The hotel had a newer or remodeled feel. It is right in the downtown area and we were able to walk to a nearby Thai restaurant for dinner. The location is a definite plus as you can't get much more central in Fairbanks. Although next time I would probably try to hotel restaurant. The bottom line of the story I suppose is that they took care of us.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W7364GGCarlos
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We chose this Marriott for it's reasonable rate and because we know what to expect with a Marriott. It was a nice hotel with great breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, the whole works) and a large sized room. What was really great about it was one of the best restaurants in Fairbanks was attached to it. It is spendy, but great food. On our plane ride up I asked another passenger who was from Fairbanks about great places to eat, and he recommended this place as the best in Fairbanks without us even knowing it happened to be in our hotel! So the hotel was great location from that respect. This hotel ended up being a great choice. The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars is because it was still expensive, so i felt it was of average value. But maybe it was expensive because we booked pretty last minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRB1183
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was not that impressed so I have small observations. The breakfast was normal nothing special. I will tell you that you have to plan your checkout and breakfast carefully. There was a large tour group/bus and they all came down as the same time to eat and check out so make sure you allow time. I ran in the morning along the canal/river very relaxing. The local hangout bar for dudes was across the street so the special people were outside the hotel hence probably why you need your card to access the elevator? Parking was a pain! I was told if I can't find parking in the lot or across the street then park on the street but move my car before 9AM which is when they ticket? when I got this response I wanted to call Marriott Rewards desk and tell them they need to comp me. I did not want to spend my vacation playing hide and seek with the parking meter officers! However, I did not this time but I still may in the future. I was traumatized by this statement that I must drive around in the parking lot like a vulture to find parking or deal with the street parking law enforcement officials, geez! I had no significant issues with the front desk. In fact, one clerk agreed to call me if the Northern Nights were visible. Warning: There is nothing to eat in this town after 930PM. You stuck with Wendys and a 24 hour food place across the street from Wendys on Airport HWY.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel by using points. Great location and clean. We missed breakfast by 5 minutes and it was all put away. When they say 9:30 a.m., they don't mean 9:35 a.m. When we checked in, they gave us a room next to the elevator. We didn't even walk in the room. They were happy to give us a different room with no issue.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent two nights here. Large bedroom with a sitting room 2 TV's. A great shower and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. Location close to airport and train station.Breakfast included

Room Tip: Hard to get the room dark enough when you have 23 hrs. of sunlight
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here on a family vacation. The hotel lobby has been updated, the rooms are typical Springhill Suite rooms. Very roomy for the price. Breakfast is included and a little crowded. The parking was a little crazy but ok. The location has a lot of wanderers through the night.

Room Tip: I would get a higher room. Quieter!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family