“What A Dive”

Gallo's
Ranked #87 of 249 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went there with some friends and what a disappointment. The busser was wringing his dirty dish towel out on the floor, the food was extremely late, no taste, and even on the cool side. No wonder the food was late, the let it sit around until it was cold. This place sucks.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

For the first time ever I didn't tip tonight. Our waiter couldn't seem to keep up. He got our food mixed up and the drinks and the checks. He really did nothing right. So very disappointing. My rice was dried out from the hot lamps it sat under for god knows how long. The rest of the staff wasnt helpful. We asked another server cause we couldn't find ours for a high chair and he just rolled his eyes at me and said to ask our waiter. Worst experience ever.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I frequently eat here. We love it. We usually go on Sunday afternoons because they have an all-you-can-eat buffet for a good price. (They also have it on Wednesdays.)

On the buffet, they have a really good spicy chicken with sauce that's supposed to go in a fajita, but I always eat it by itself. It's really too hot for my taste, but it's so good that I eat it anyway and drink lots of water! I also like the cheese and onions wrapped in a tortilla with sauce, I believe it's a cheese enchilada. Really really good!

The only dessert they have on the buffet is flan, unfortunately. I don't like flan and I've never seen them have anything else at the buffet. I wish they'd mix it up a little.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

In a place where the restaurants mostly serve fried, greasy, unispired fare, Gallo's offers something decent in a festive atmosphere - very lower 48-ish. The daily special is usually a good bargain, and the waitstaff is friendly and attentive - I was treated well on 2 occasions and I am a solo diner (often ignored). You'll pay more than Taco King, but then again, you're getting better quality and wait service.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Nice, dine in Mexican Restaurant (with Air conditioning). Food was very good (spoiled by our fantastic Mexican restaurant at home) and I liked that the chips were warm when served. Sauce hot and hotter, but small portions... had to ask for more. Margaritas were our 'draw' in, and somewhat weaker that we are used to. Overall, a nice experience... wait staff very efficient and friendly.