“Extremely clean hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 3 Dog Night Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
3 Dog Night Hostel
London
“Extremely clean hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed in this hostel in June. It was very hot and therefore I spent quite a lot of time indoors, rather than out with the dogs. I was in an immaculate female only dorm, with very comfy beds. The bathroom was always clean. The kitchen had the usual equipment.
It is possible to get the Black line bus from Fairbanks bus station out to a shop a few miles away from the hostel (The Knotty Shop) and I arranged pick up from there. It is sensible to bring provisions with you if you don't have a car, as the Knotty Shop is a gift shop (with great icecream!) and the local store is quite a way away.
The owners were always very helpful in our interactions and they let me help feed the sled dogs one evening.
This is a nice place to rest up, read some books and watch a bit of TV. It would be fun to return one day in the snow and go out with the dogs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NorthWestLondoner

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Urbana, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My girlfriend and I spent one night in one of their private rooms with shared bathroom. The price, $85/night, is very reasonable regarding what I have. The room we stayed is very spacious and bright. Bathroom is very clean. The other utilities include a living room and kitchen. Living room is also spacious and very comfortable. Kitchen is very clean and well equipped. They also provide all kinds of spices they can think of. I believe you can even make a cake if you want. If you are here for aurora, there is an open ground behind the house. We were very luck to see aurora during my stay.
The owner, Mike, is a very nice person and tries his best to make my stay comfortable. We love this place and their dogs. We will definitely come back if we visit Fairbanks next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I went with my cousin for 3 nights and we hag a great time!! super cozy!! Mike and Donna are VERY nice and helpful!! the hostel has a big common area!! with wifi, tv, dvds and lots of board games!!! we saw lots of northern lights from outside!!! I would definitely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

My friend and I had stayed at this hostel for 3 nights. We originally booked a log cabin equipped with wood fire, but the hostel seemed very cozy and nice so we moved to hostel instead. The full kitchen and some breakfast food is always available, the living room had a beautiful tree, comfortable couch and nice TV. We walked the dogs and built snow house during day and played board games at night waiting for aurora. If you are planning for a relaxing vacation surrounded by beautiful scenery, this is IT! : )

Room Tip: If you are adventure type traveler, I recommend log cabin. If you like more comfy and cozy environme...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzy J
Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This place has a hostel, a B&B and some dry cabins. We stayed in one of the cabins and it was great. It had a little wood stove, a couch and a mezzanine for sleeping. We could use the facilities of the hostel, including the tv room, the kitchen, the patio and the bathrooms.
I would definitely recommend this place, if you are not afraid of dogs. There is a group of very sweet and happy sled dogs so guests can go mushing in the winter and walk the dogs in the summer. There's also two little poodles around who love to play with you. The owners were very nice and helpful. They pointed out some great places to go berry picking, a very original souvenir shop and place that serves delicious ice cream. The owners even made us some moose-stew so we could try it.
I would certainly recommend this place. It's located half an hour out of Fairbanks, so it's a good base to explore the city and the area around it. We did have our own car, though. You can check out some photos on their facebook page.

Room Tip: The dry cabin was great: you get a real taste of Alaska and can use all the facilities of the hostel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marrijke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairbanks
Pike's Waterfront Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks
9th Ave Hostel
9th Ave Hostel
#3 of 24 in Fairbanks

Been to 3 Dog Night Hostel? Share your experiences!