This was our last stop on our 15 day Alaska adventure, and this Princess Lodge is really in the need of updating. Our room was not clean, hair on blanket and in tub and shower walls. Tile in shower was full of mold in the cracks and where you stand very stained. Toilet was broken. I did complain but the only thing they fixed was the toilet.
Was not impressed. As all of the Princess Restaurants the food was mediocre and the first day for breakfast was treated by a surly hostess. Asked for a table for two at the window and she said she could not give us that one and put us behind a wall table where we sat unnoticed for a long time till I waved a waitress down.
Went to the other dining room the next day and found better service, altho the eggs I ordered tasted like prepared eggs in a bag and could not eat them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re searching for authentic hotels in Fairbanks, Alaska, look no further. A subsidiary of Princess Cruises, the Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge is the answer! Fairbanks was founded by miners consumed with the gold fever that swept Alaska at the turn of the century. As gateway to Alaska’s rugged interior, Fairbanks is where the real Alaska begins — the Alaska of the Northern Lights and the Midnight Sun. Here, at the edge of Alaska’s vast wilderness frontier, is a haven of warm service and exceptional comfort — the Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge. The most refined hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska is also its best situated. Ideally located just minutes from the Fairbanks International Airport and Alaska Railroad depot. The property is also convenient to the downtown area and the University of Alaska Fairbanks as well as popular attractions such as the El Dorado Gold Mine, the Riverboat Discovery, and Pioneer Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairbanks Princess Riverside Hotel Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge Alaska