“comfortable stay”

Sophie Station Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was there for the coldest night so far this year and I was as comfortable as I could be. I also appreciated the ample ports to plug in my vehicle.
The room had all I needed ( except for a carrot peeler). The kitchen had the basics in pots & pans and dishes to make a meal. Salt & pepper was a plus! I appreciated the full size appliances too. The livingroom was comfortable enough. The bed was comfortable. Hot water in shower whenever I wanted it!!!
The check-in was very pleasant and quick as was the check out. The ladies that prepared my room for me each day were amazing. They worked quickly and efficiently as a team, in and out before I knew it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 1gadabout

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Wew stayed here in July 20011. It was an excellent value and a big surprise. We had mo reservations in Fairbanks and after striking out several times we found Sophie Station. What a nice place and plenty of room. We stayed here for 2 nights. We would definitly stay here again if we were in Fairbanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I enjoy every moment here in my 5-night stay.

Location: 10 mins drive from airport and they offer free shuttle. The location is much better than downtown which is empty. Two huge groceries Fred Meyer and Saveway are within 7 mins walk from the hotel. The fast food restaurants Carl's Jr and Taco Bell are in front of the groceries.

Transport: There are a number of buses going to downtown available at the B entrance of Fred Meyer which take 20 mins. USD1.5 one way, 3 for one day pass which I used for sight seeing purpose.

Room with kitchenette: It's a suite. 2 TV sets. Very spacious and actually no smaller than many usual private flat units in Hong Kong! Well equipped with everything you can think of for a home. In particular, I love the kitchenette where I prepared my meals everyday. I was crazy for Alaskan crab legs and everyday I bought snow/king crab legs at Fred Meyer which are already cooked. I reheated them for 3 mins by the microwave. It's even my breakfasts and afternoon tea snacks! This is the first time I cook in hotel room as I usually love to dine outside during travelling, to taste the local cuisine. But in Fairbanks or Alaska in general, I didn't see any restaurants particularly interesting or must-go. I was already so satisfied by the meals with my kitchenette.

Price: excellent. USD85 plus tax, totally about USD91, for it's low season in October. I saw groups of Taiwanese guests.

Staff: nice and helpful. In particular, the front desk girl during the daytime shift has more smiles.

In all, strongly recommended. I believe there are no other better options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MissHK2009
Reviewed 28 September 2013

A friend and I stayed here three nights, 9/23 - 9/25, 2013. We had never stayed at this hotel before, but decided on it because of the price and how it looked on the internet. When businesses post their information on the internet they are going to show their best side and of course can be expected to minimize any "downside", but in this case I didn't notice any downside. We had two dinners and a breakfast at the restaurant, and they were all good. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Fairbanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeraldB308
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hotel is in great location. The flower beds were very well maintained & impressive for Sept. 10. We were very pleased With Staff helpful & eager to please. Noise was not an issue. Carpets Not as clean as I am use to. Soiled rug areas & outdated spreads.. I threw a pillow on floor & would not use,lumpy.

Room Tip: Would have been nice to have had pool & shuttle run later.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dhooker
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed one night - it was booked as part of a cruise ground tour. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and worked for a short stay. If you don't have a car, its a distance from downtown. Shuttle service ends early. As noted, there are some stores within walking distance to pick up snacks and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TominCA
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights in early August 2013. It was a very relaxing stay with a full kitchen, living room, and separate bedroom. We went to the Safeway within walking distance and I made breakfast every morning! It was clean and everything worked - I was very pleased given some of the other options I'd seen in town. Although close to the airport, I never heard any air traffic.

Room Tip: Reserve early - they'll be booked full if you wait until summer. Go visit their antique museum...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple