“A Korean star”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Who would think you could get tasty Korean food in Fairbanks…underneath a bowling alley? It's a strange location but the food is great. The service is decent and the decorations are…interesting. They bring out 8 little plates of different types of food while you wait on your order. The type of food changes every day and it's all pretty tasty. My husband and I really like the beef bugolgi the best. Lunch is a much better time to go. I think they cook everything for lunch and then they keep it warm for dinner so it tastes a lot more fresh at lunch time and it's cheaper.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A business associate brought me here to eat. I was at first very skeptical because this restaurant is under a bowling alley.

To my great surprise I realized this place is a hidden gem in Fairbanks. The food was fresh and delicious. If you leave her hungry it's your on fault. They start you with 8 appetizers. The menu is extensive and purely Korean. The entrees were plentiful. Don't miss out or be thrown off by its appearance. I will go back when I'm in town again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We are on a two week driving tour of Alaska and wanted to find a reasonably priced restaurant with food that was tasty but not rich with calorie laden sauces, butter, etc as we are already getting tired of eating out every night.

While the dining room is nothing facy, we found it very clean. ALL the staff was more than attentive and accomodating.

My partner asked our server if the calamari appetizer was frozen and she answered honestly that it was. She suggested one of their pancakes. That alone could have been our dinner but we decided to pig out.

My partner asked our server if there was anything "special" on the menu. In resply, she said, tell me what you like and the chef will make it. He loves seafood so they made a stir fry with squid, octopus, shrimp, scallops and vegetables. It was delcious. Just a word of advice, ask what a special dish will cost before you order it. We did not. It turned out to be $35 but considering everything in Alaska is more expensive, it wasn't bad. Just nice to know the price before you order.

We would definitely go back again as the food, service and prices were great!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Cool place under a bowling alley. If you like Korean I'm sure you'll be pleased. They serve it up and service is pretty good.

1  Thank ROBYN D
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love the food here. I pretty much get the same thing every time (Bimimbap?) and it's always fresh and delicious. It is in an older building and the restrooms are down the hall, but the food is well worth it. I can't wait to go back!