“A little upscale I'm Fairbanks”
Review of Lavelle's Bistro

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Lavelle's. The first was cocktails and some appetizers. This us about the only place in Fairbanks with small plates/tapas style service at the bar area. The food was well prepared, wine appropriately priced and service good. Try the rack of lamb - 4 perfect chops. Crab and artichoke dip did not come up to expectation.
Dinner on the second visit was very good, but fell short of excellent. Salads were fresh and well sized. The bread was not special, and some seasonings or herbs to blend with the olive oil would be a nice touch. My Chicken Champignons was perfectly cooked, well seasoned, served on a tasty wild rice pilaf with steamed mixed vegetables. My dining partner ordered the potato crusted salmon. My impression was that the salmon had been frozen and was slightly overcooked. In Alaska, preparing salmon should not be s mystery. That said, the preparation was tasty and accompaniments were good.
Service was attentive from arrival to departure.

Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thanks for coming back and reviewing us! Though we're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal, we're sorry to see it fell short of excellent. Our menu is something we put a lot of care into, so we're always looking to perfect our different options. If you have a moment, would you mind letting me know how you think your meal could have been more knock-out? We appreciate any and all feedback, so I hope to hear more from you! Thanks again for sharing and have a terrific weekend.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed a few nights at the hotel and ended up here for dinner one night. Good food, good drinks... had a nice time and enjoyed ourselves.

Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal here! What dishes did you try? Thanks so much for the stars and take care.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel and had dinner at this restaurant 3 times, all good meals. Extensive wine list. The apps are plentiful enough to be shared by two people, esp the Cod skewers. When I asked, the chef kindly prepared a half entree order of halibut to avoid waste. They are generous with the sauces and dressings so order these on the side if you like these light. I did find the prices on the high end so try to split dishes if you're not that hungry. Wait staff are highly trained. If you're staying at the hotel, note that you cannot charge to your room so be prepared to pay with the bill.

Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thanks for your review! Though I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service, I apologize if you felt as though the prices were a bit steep. We do our best to keep our menu options fair and reasonably priced, especially in light of our commitment to fresh, quality ingredients. In any case, trust that I'll pass along your feedback to the rest of the team. We're always looking to improve and sincerely value your insight.

Any other comments or concerns? We're all ears! Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Recently went to one of my two favorite restaurants in Fairbanks, Lavelle's, for dinner. My friend and I checked out the menu and decided on the Caesar salad. She ordered the chicken Caesar. I wanted the classic Caesar. I asked if there were actual anchovies in the salad. Our server said, "No." I reviewed the other salad offerings, and decided I'd get the Caesar anyway. Our server mentioned that I could get anchovies on my Caesar salad for an extra $3.50! Hmmmmm! Seems to me that a classic Caesar salad should just come standard WITH THE ANCHOVIES, EH? and it should sell for the same price, $13.95, not $17.45. Get real, Lavelle's.

Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thanks for letting us know! We kept the anchovies off the standard Caesar, mostly because we found most guests didn't want them. In any case, your satisfaction is our first concern so I promise to pass along your feedback to the kitchen. If you have any other concerns, feel free to share them with us! Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Gourmet food great service and a very comfortable modern atmosphere. Don't be fooled by the fact that this is located in a hotel. This is some of the best food we had on our trip to Alaska.

2  Thank FlyBoy32725
Frank E, Sara, Manager at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Honored that you think so highly of our cooking! I can't wait to share this with the kitchen. What menu options did you try? Thanks so much for the five-star review and take care.