“Enjoyable Dinner”

Lavelle's Bistro
Ranked #7 of 259 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of Mariott Springhill Suites, Lavelle’s is a unique fine dining restaurant in Fairbanks serving delicious food and an astounding selection of fine wine in a warm, refined atmosphere. In a place where casual restaurants dominate the culinary landscape, Lavelle’s offers a much-needed touch of elegance. Perfect for a romantic date or a fun night out with friends, Lavelle’s provides a sophisticated backdrop for any occasion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our group of 4 stopped in for an early dinner after a day of sightseeing. We all enjoyed every last bit of the food and drink that we chose, including the gluten free option one of us needed, and appreciated the relaxing atmosphere. Service was excellent and fast. We thought prices were quite reasonable for the quality and quantity of the dinners we had. We will stop by again if we are in Fairbanks.

FranklinFairbanks, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying at the Marriott and wanted something close and easy. We wondered down about 7.30pm and the staff found us a table although we were lucky in it was the last table available. If doing this again we would book to ensure a table was available at the time we wanted. There was a good choice of dinner options and a reasonable wine list. We choose mains of halibut, salmon, prime rib and rib eye. All the meals arrived at the same time, were well cooked and the steaks were perfectly cooked. We thought the meals were large and well priced for what we got. The wait staff were attentive and well versed in available options. This is definitely somewhere I would go again. Price although a bit higher than the average is worth it in my opinion.

Thank you for the nice comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time here. Food and drinks were excellent. Staff is amazing efficient. They do a great job. Our bartender did also a wonderful job, for us the best place to eat and drink in Fairbanks.

FranklinFairbanks, Owner at Lavelle's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I like nothing better than to hear or see this type of review. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I dine at Lavelle's at least once a month- sometimes with a friend and sometimes with my family. The last four times I have visited, the food and service have not been as good as they usually are. When my group of five dined there in February, our food took a very long time to get to our table, and when it did, the filet mignons were barely warm. The vegetarian lasagne was sent back to warm. We declined to have the meat rewarmed as we know how nasty reheated meat tastes. On subsequent visits, my favorite ahi appetizer was just not as good as it usually was. It was cooked longer than on previous visits, and was not as succulent as I remembered. One visit, we waited a full 35 minutes before a water person, bread person or wait staff showed an interest in us. On a really recent visit, the $25 halibut appetizer ($1.00 more for fries) was soggy, and really inedible. I left most of it and concentrated on the fries. How can you screw up fries? I usually rave about Lavelle's and consider it to be the best fine dining in Fairbanks. But these visits have me planning our next outing for somewhere else. I'm not interested in paying high prices for mediocrity. Additionally, the specials menu was top-heavy on beef. I think that all the specials on offer but one, were beef.

I guess it's better late than never but we use all customer comments, good or bad, as learning tools for our staff. We can't fix something if we don't know there's a problem. Unfortunately hearing about something that happened in February won't let us address that issue because we don't know who was working then. With employee turnover perhaps the server or backwait that didn't live up to our and your expectations is no longer employed here. Ideally, if any one has a problem with waittime or food preparation or anything, if you let the manager on duty know right away, we can fix the issue. As for the ahi appetizer, one of my favorites also, it's difficult ever repeating that same experience as when you first tried it. The first time is so outstanding that it just can't be repeated and live up to that memory even though it is the exact same product. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hubby and I had dinner on our first night In Fairbanks. The Lavelle Summer salad was an up-charge with dinner but well worth it. The Halibut was delish and just the right amount for me but not quite enough to fill a hungry husband. Service was a little slow but not too bad. We didn’t have dessert. Would go again even though it was a little pricey.