“Amazing and unique experience”

Alaskiwi Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come join us for an exhilarating dog sled ride with our friendly and lovable alaskan husky's. we will quietly slice our way thru snow draped spruce forest trails ,crossing frozen lakes and ponds along open areas.Sometimes moose and other local wildlife can be spotted. we specialize in 1 hour tours but can do private tours tailored to individual requests. Price $95 per person per hour for dog sled rides. price $110 for Dogsled / sno machine combo rides. This ride is for groups of two or more and involves both the snogo and dogsled ride during a 1 hour tour.Equal time spent on dog sled and snogo
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Simon is the owner and he is the one responsible for the dogs. He is a very nice guy, very calm and he gave me a lot of attention, he took my pictures with the dogs during the mushing breaks, I have really nice pictures and unforgettable memories. My experience with the dogs was completely different from my friends, apparently their experience were way more commercial and mass tourism. With Simon was a private tour running with the dogs over frozen lakes and between trees. It was really amazing. Super recommend it!

2  Thank Bernardo J
There are newer reviews for Alaskiwi Adventures

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a 1 hour dog sledding session with Simon on our visit to Fairbanks in March 2013. To put it simply, it was an awesome experience! The dogs were very well trained and we loved every minute of it. We were even lucky (or maybe not so much since I fell from the 2nd sled) when we got to saw a couple of moose along the run. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Fairbanks!

1  Thank Sriram111
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

An awesome experience!

Simon was very welcoming when we arrived at his cabin and he quickly sorted us out with warm outerwear and boots to put on over our clothes for the dog sled. The sled ride was really fun! We also got to meet the dogs and had a lovely cup of tea and a chat with Simon after the sled ride.

I highly recommend this tour for people visiting Fairbanks.

1  Thank Travln13
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Dog mushing is a once in a life time experience for most of people. You will be more impressed if you do with Denali Adventure with the very friendly owner and his cute dogs! We stopped several times and took a lot of cool pics! The gear he provided was really warm and we enjoyed the whole 1 hour tour. The dogs are great and their owner is really really nice and friendly. You have to do it if you get chance.

1  Thank NLE87
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife & I were visiting Alaska for our anniversary in January 2013. When we arrived in Fairbanks, our original plans had to be revised, which left us looking for another adventure to add to our itinerary. My wife came across one of Simon's brochures at the Visitor's Center in Fairbanks, so we gave him a call. He was gracious enough to accommodate our last minute request and we were given the opportunity to experience a wonderful alaskan adventure. Simon picked us up from our hotel and we drove about 30 minutes out to his place. We had a lot of fun on the dogsled ride, and afterwards, hiked over to one of the cabins that you can rent. The dogs were wonderful, the dogsled ride was exciting and we loved the cabin. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Gareth, for taking pictures for us. They turned out great! We are planning on doing this again, the next time we make it to the Fairbanks area. Thank you Simon & Gareth!

1  Thank Paul and Valeri... M